Friday, March 11, 2005
Turning a new blogging leaf
Hi everyone! At the request of my husband (!), I am turning a new blogging leaf and have decided to actually start posting to this thing. Gotta figure out what I want to write about... Shehrzad suggested L&O (TBJ sucks!) or Peet's (Starbucks rules!). Maybe I'll just use this as a daily diary to keep everyone posted on what's going on in The Life of Lubna. I'm planning to start another TNT (Team in Training) season in May, so this would be a great way to keep everyone posted on my training and progress. Right now I'm planning to join the cycling team to train for the Mono Lake Century (100 miles!!!)... a little nervous about the decision, but everyone I've talked to about it seems confident that it's doable, even for a beginner like myself. I never really did get into the whole running thing, so I'm hoping that cycling is more my cup of tea. Just gotta get a bike now. :)

In other news... Shehrzad and I have started volunteering with Special Olympics. Our first gig was last weekend with the Track and Field team in San Mateo. These kids are truly incredible and so wonderful to work with. We even signed up for 5 more training practices! All of the kids were just so friendly and loved us being there. Can't wait for next time! In the past, Shehrzad and I have mostly volunteered at food banks, so this was definitely a new experience. Made me even more grateful for my health.

I'm realizing that I'm not that great of a writer, but hopefully this blog will help make me better...

Ok, enough babbling for one day.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG