Friday, April 15, 2005
My OCD
(No Shehrzad, it's not a typo!)

Mood: Relaxed.

I'm slowly realizing that I'm obsessively addicted to organizing. Shehrzad is probably laughing his head off right now, as I'm sure he realized this about 5 minutes into living with me. But I guess I just never realized it as much until I had someone pointing it out to me all the time. Now don't get me wrong, I have no problem with a mess that I know is in the process of getting cleaned up or something that is in the process of being organized. But, if there is something just sitting there, like a closet that I can't fit one more thing into or a shelf that I can't put one more thing on, or just something that is always getting in my way, fixing it becomes my life's mission. I just like things neat and tidy, and making good efficient use of space -- is that so wrong??! :) Ugh, how am I ever going to have kids? Will I be able to handle having everything being in complete disarray all the time? Most people I talk to say that yes, you get used to it, but my theory is that you don't really get used to it, you just get too tired to do anything about it!

My mom, for the first time since I got married, finally made mention of my biological clock. I'm so proud of her, she actually held out for a whole 75 days! Shehrzad and I are both pretty excited about having children, we're just trying to think the timing thing through right now. I know that when we finally do reach that time, my parents are going to be soooo excited. They're already grandparents, but I think having their daughter be the mom is a pretty different experience than having their son be the dad. I think they'll just be able to share in more of the whole pregnancy experience. But I'm obviously getting ahead of myself here. :)

I'm heading to LA in a couple of hours to hang out with my bro and his gf, and to go to my cousin's bridal shower tomorrow. I'm definitely looking forward to some chill time with Ejaz and Pam and checking out their new pad and their new car! I'm gonna exert some of my big sister power to get him to let me take it for a spin. :) Tonight we're going to dinner, tomorrow we'll probably be in Nerdvine for most of the day, and we're planning to go hiking on Sunday before I fly home. This should be interesting... hiking in LA! Who hikes in LA??! Is that just slang for walking around the mall with a extra heavy shopping bag? We shall see.

I just re-read this blog that I wrote and cracked up at the fact that my Mood is supposedly Relaxed, yet the first thing I talk about is how antsy I get when something is all messy! That's my bi-polar disorder shining through, hahaha!

Daily Dose of Lubna: We are now in the active planning stage for our trip to India and Pakistan in December/January. I had a good conversation with my dad last night about places to visit and scheduling -- I hope they decide to join us!! (Amma, are you reading this?????)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG