Sunday, March 20, 2005
Nothing
I don't think I'm very good at appreciating an entire weekend of nothing to do... I'm ready for the craziness to be back. :) Maybe it's because weekend TV is almost as bad as daytime TV... maybe it's because the weather was all crappy so I didn't have much of a choice but to stay inside. I know I'll read this in a couple weeks, when the busy busy days are back, and be like 'what were you thinking??!', haha.

Here's a list of all the traveling I've done or will be doing this year:

January: Houston, for our wedding
February: Hawaii, for our honeymoon
March: West Virginia, to visit relatives
Early April: Tahoe, for bachelorette party
Mid April: Orange County, for bridal shower
End of May: San Diego, for wedding
Really end of May: St.Louis, for wedding
December: India, for wedding

Apparently there are lots of people with the wedding bug this year. :) And that's really just the schedule for the first part of the year... good thing I've finally signed up for frequent flier miles! It's so much fun going to other people's weddings. All of the fun and none of the planning! Don't get me wrong, I definitely had the time of my life planning our wedding, but woo-boy, am I glad it's done! I think I went through some serious planning withdrawal when we first got back from Hawaii (I maaaay still be suffering a bit from it..), but it's nice to just have my life back to normal and be able to think about things other than wedding, wedding, and more wedding! I do miss my daily bonding sessions with my spreadsheet though...

So, I'm most definitely in for the Mono Lake Century ride with TNT this summer. The event is in September and training starts in May, so I think with 4 months or so of hardcore training, I should be ready. Still gotta get a bike though... :) In my mind, I'm set on doing it, but when I actually think about the physical act of training and riding 100 miles, I get pretty nervous. It's exactly how I felt before I signed up for the Honolulu Marathon. I think I would be a lot more sure about my success if the ride was flat, but there are quite a few serious hills along the 100 mile route. One of the summits is called Deadman Summit. Why do they do that?? Do they not think it's scary all on its own, 8032 ft. high and all? Cmon now, why can't they name is Easy-Breezy Summit or Piece-of-Chocolate-Cake Summit? Encourage me here a little!! And the funny thing is that Deadman Summit isn't even the highest of all the summits. The highest one is called Sagehen Summit (now there's a better name!) at 8139 ft. Yikes. I don't even really know how high that is. I hope there are escalators somewhere in the vicinity...

Daily Dose of Lubna: A whole day of nothing!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG