Sunday, April 24, 2005
Whew!
Mood: Happy.

What a weekend! In fact, what a week and a weekend! My parents came into town on Wednesday and it was nonstop until last night (they left this morning). Whenever they come to visit, whether it's for just a weekend or an entire week or even longer, it's never enough. We do a whole lot of nothing (ok fine, except for eating, which we never get enough of), but somehow the time just flies. On Thursday, Shehrzad and I went over for our K&C dinner, Friday we all went to my cousin Anjum Apa's place in Pleasanton for dinner, Saturday everyone came over to our newly remodeled place for lunch, then back over to Santa Clara for dinner, and then they left this morning. Can you tell our family revolves around eating?! It was great, I love hanging out with my parents just doing nothing. It's just relaxing and it always feels like we're back in Houston, living together as a family again (with some extra special additions to our family too!)

Today Shehrzad and I had so much momentum that we took advantage of it and had a full day of errands and just doing things we've been meaning to do for a while. We started with an early morning bike ride (me)/jog (Shehrzad) around Stanfurd. Then we came back, had breakfast, watched L&O (yes, morning L&O is the best!) and got ready for our day. We went and got my bike rack and then started our hunt for a new car. We checked out the Ford Escape Hybrid, Toyota Prius (we're not interested in buying that, we just wanted to see how it drove), Honda CRV, and the Honda Accord Hybrid. We're leaning towards the CRV, but still want to check out the Toyota RAV4 and maybe the Nissan Pathfinder. I really like how roomy the SUVs are, but still need to get over the low mpg you get with them. Actually, the CRV isn't that bad compared to a lot of the other ones out there, but it ain't the greatest. The price is right though and it seems like it'll be fun to drive, so we're gonna sleep on it for a while and see how we feel. It was definitely fun test driving the cars though... I know I always say it and talk about it, but it's these little things that really make me realize we're married. We're buying a car together! Imagine how much blogging I'll do when we start househunting. :)

Oh, how could I forget?! We had Arbys for lunch, YUMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Then we went on our weekly date to Fry's to hang out with all the other fobs in the Bay Area. The new monitor and wireless mouse we got are cool too. :)

It's going to be a busy week. Lots of meetings and other random stuff to take care of at work. Oh, I'm thinking about taking a class through UCSC Extension... did I already blog about this? It's a class called Role of Health Care Professional, but it focuses more on the general state of affairs of the current US healthcare system. It's the first class towards a certificate in Health Care Systems, so I'm planning to enroll to see if I'd be interested in pursuing the certificate. I'm so excited about starting school (whoever thought I'd say that??!) and just learning something brand new. This first class is for 5 weeks, once a week for 3 hours each session.

Daily Dose of Lubna: Today was the inaugural ride on my new bike!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG