Mood: Refreshed.
Quotable Quotes: Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired. --Jules Renard
The Squirt Countdown: 190 days.
POD:

Whoa, that's a long way down...
So far, so good! Despite falling asleep at 9pm last night, I feel my completely zapped energy coming back slowly. I was one of the lucky few that didn't suffer through morning sickness. Just a few evenings of an "extra-full-I-gotta-burp-but-nothing's-coming-out" feeling, a whole lotta tiredness, but that's pretty much it. I hope I can bottle the secret and use it next time too. :)
We got to hear Squirt's heartbeat last week! It was truly amazing. And then I laughed and it was gone. :) I'll have to remember not to laugh next time, haha!
This pregnancy thing is truly amazing. It took me a looooong while to get here, but I finally love how things are changing and how you can finally see a little something growing inside. Only a few more weeks and I'll hopefully be able to start feeling Squirt moving too!
I haven't really been craving much other than any kind of fruit, but the aversions are neverending. Poor Shehrzad, my main one for a long time was coffee. For a while, I couldn't stand the smell of morning coffee, and I still can't handle the idea/smell/taste/thought of anything chicken related. And I smell EVERYTHING. I can smell the strawberries inside the fridge when I'm all the way in the bedroom. If something is spoiling in the fridge, I can smell it from a mile away. It's quite an amazing superpower to have. I have to figure out how to capitalize on it. :)
My favorite thing to do these days is brainstorm names. Shehrzad's favorite thing to do these days is veto names. :) He has come up with some good ideas, but for a while, everything was very... um... ethnic. Lashanda, Moesha, Motumbo, Shaneequa. A plea to all cousins out there: please please PLEASE claim that any and all of these names are "reserved"! Especially as Nov.28 nears and he possibly becomes more passionate about his child becoming the next Rasheed Wallace or Hakeem Olajuwan! :)
In other news, we had a fantastic weekend. Volunteering and dinner on Friday, a wedding at Stanford and reception in the Presidio on Saturday, and lots and lots of lounging yesterday. My kind of weekend.
Daily Dose of Lubna: Finally finished my annual review at work. I've procrastinating on that since the beginning of April!
Quotable Quotes: Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired. --Jules Renard
The Squirt Countdown: 190 days.
POD:

Whoa, that's a long way down...
So far, so good! Despite falling asleep at 9pm last night, I feel my completely zapped energy coming back slowly. I was one of the lucky few that didn't suffer through morning sickness. Just a few evenings of an "extra-full-I-gotta-burp-but-nothing's-coming-out" feeling, a whole lotta tiredness, but that's pretty much it. I hope I can bottle the secret and use it next time too. :)
We got to hear Squirt's heartbeat last week! It was truly amazing. And then I laughed and it was gone. :) I'll have to remember not to laugh next time, haha!
This pregnancy thing is truly amazing. It took me a looooong while to get here, but I finally love how things are changing and how you can finally see a little something growing inside. Only a few more weeks and I'll hopefully be able to start feeling Squirt moving too!
I haven't really been craving much other than any kind of fruit, but the aversions are neverending. Poor Shehrzad, my main one for a long time was coffee. For a while, I couldn't stand the smell of morning coffee, and I still can't handle the idea/smell/taste/thought of anything chicken related. And I smell EVERYTHING. I can smell the strawberries inside the fridge when I'm all the way in the bedroom. If something is spoiling in the fridge, I can smell it from a mile away. It's quite an amazing superpower to have. I have to figure out how to capitalize on it. :)
My favorite thing to do these days is brainstorm names. Shehrzad's favorite thing to do these days is veto names. :) He has come up with some good ideas, but for a while, everything was very... um... ethnic. Lashanda, Moesha, Motumbo, Shaneequa. A plea to all cousins out there: please please PLEASE claim that any and all of these names are "reserved"! Especially as Nov.28 nears and he possibly becomes more passionate about his child becoming the next Rasheed Wallace or Hakeem Olajuwan! :)
In other news, we had a fantastic weekend. Volunteering and dinner on Friday, a wedding at Stanford and reception in the Presidio on Saturday, and lots and lots of lounging yesterday. My kind of weekend.
Daily Dose of Lubna: Finally finished my annual review at work. I've procrastinating on that since the beginning of April!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home