Monday, April 17, 2006
Odds and Ends
Mood: Feeling good.

Quotable Quotes: If you can count your money, you don't have a billion dollars. --J. Paul Getty

POD:

Pffffffffffft!

The beginning of another crazy busy week at work. My mama's here visiting this week, so it'll be nice one. :) This past weekend was fun. Friday - my mom flew into town, so I went over after work to hang out. Saturday - Sabiha and I took my mom to this cute tea place for some girlying. Tea, finger sandwiches, mini desserts, and lots of girl talk. I had so much fun! And my mom absolutely loved the place. I've got to start making those pesto sandwiches... yum! And then we all had tacos for dinner. Too bad Albertson's taco shells suck. Everyone ended up eating more taco salad than actual tacos. :) Sunday - my bro and I took Zee to see Ice Age (that kid can eat a serious amount of popcorn!) and then just hung out at the house for the rest of the day.

My poor mom, she was sick last night! There's a bug going around in the Chunawala family, so hopefully she'll be recovered by tomorrow. It's sad to see anyone sick, but it's especially sad when it's my mom or dad. They're supposed to be invincible. Right? My mom sounded really out of it when I talked to her earlier. Poor mom.

If the weather holds up this week, my goal is to walk to work every single day. Shehrzad and I took a really long walk around the neighborhood on Saturday and I have lots of exploring to do. There are a ton of really nice parks within walking distance with picnic tables, so once the weather warms up, I'd love to have picnics out there. Cmooooooooooooon summer!

Anyone who knows me knows I'm a sucker for spelling bees. I think it all goes back to the 3rd grade when I crashed and burned spelling the word 'lightning'. Damn that word. Why couldn't I have gotten 'taco'? I LOVE tacos! I HATE lightning. Anyways, back to the topic. I love spelling bees. When the Scripps spelling bee comes around every year, I religiously follow all the contenders from the beginning, make my own picks, and clap at the TV when they do well. It's as exhilarating for me as sports are for Shehrzad. So you can imagine how excited I'm getting given that there are only 44 days left until the 79th Annual Scripps Spelling Bee!! Maybe I should start another countdown...

Daily Dose of Lubna: Got a ton done today!


1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's right...own your nerdiness. You rock on with your bad self!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG