Mood: Sleepy.
Quotable Quotes: Do not do unto others as you would that they should do unto you. Their tastes may not be the same. --George Bernard Shaw
The Squirt Countdown: 70 days.
POD:

Me, after watching yet another episode of The Baby Story
Squirt had the hiccups earlier today -- so cute! And now he's pushing so hard against my stomach that it seems like I should be able to see the outline of some body part. But nothing yet. I remember about 10 years ago, I went to visit an old friend of mine in Houston about 2 or 3 days before she had her first baby. We were looking at her tummy (yes, a favorite pasttime) and all of a sudden, ridges appeared! She said the ridges were the baby's knuckles, and I nearly passed out. Now I eagerly look for those same ridges everytime Squirt starts moving as forcefully as he is right now. Without passing out. :)
I've been suffering from serious insomnia lately. I fall asleep around 10-10:30pm, wake up to go to the bathroom around 3-3:30am, and can never fall asleep very well after that. That is, until about 20 minutes before I'm supposed to wake up. Interesting the way that works out.
It's so strange to think that there are only 2 months left until we get to meet our son. I feel like we JUST found out I was pregnant and started telling people. Even though I've been pregnant for so long, I feel like I've just recently gotten used to actually being pregnant. Even though it's been happening for months, I feel like Shehrzad just recently started feeling Squirt kick. And I feel like I just started thinking about what happens after he's here. Is this what parenthood is like? Looking back on the years and wondering how the time went by so fast? Finally feeling ready to take on the current stage right when that stage is about to end? Is it ever possible to really feel ready?? I remember when I was younger and summers were nearing the end, I was always ready to go back to school. But it was only because I was finally bored of sleeping late and lazy days. I remember when I was about to graduate high school, I was definitely ready for college. But only because high school had started to bore me and I was ready for something brand new. Same thing with going from college to grad school. Same thing with moving from NJ back to CA. Same thing with changing jobs. Maybe you never really feel ready for the next stage of parenthood because no part of it is ever boring. (Well, maybe except when you're ready for your kids to be married or ready to become grandparents, haha!) The thought that parenthood is so exciting that you're never bored makes me feel "ready" to experience it. And there folks, is the ultimate parenthood puzzle. :)
Daily Dose of Lubna: Swimming tonight!
Quotable Quotes: Do not do unto others as you would that they should do unto you. Their tastes may not be the same. --George Bernard Shaw
The Squirt Countdown: 70 days.
POD:

Me, after watching yet another episode of The Baby Story
Squirt had the hiccups earlier today -- so cute! And now he's pushing so hard against my stomach that it seems like I should be able to see the outline of some body part. But nothing yet. I remember about 10 years ago, I went to visit an old friend of mine in Houston about 2 or 3 days before she had her first baby. We were looking at her tummy (yes, a favorite pasttime) and all of a sudden, ridges appeared! She said the ridges were the baby's knuckles, and I nearly passed out. Now I eagerly look for those same ridges everytime Squirt starts moving as forcefully as he is right now. Without passing out. :)
I've been suffering from serious insomnia lately. I fall asleep around 10-10:30pm, wake up to go to the bathroom around 3-3:30am, and can never fall asleep very well after that. That is, until about 20 minutes before I'm supposed to wake up. Interesting the way that works out.
It's so strange to think that there are only 2 months left until we get to meet our son. I feel like we JUST found out I was pregnant and started telling people. Even though I've been pregnant for so long, I feel like I've just recently gotten used to actually being pregnant. Even though it's been happening for months, I feel like Shehrzad just recently started feeling Squirt kick. And I feel like I just started thinking about what happens after he's here. Is this what parenthood is like? Looking back on the years and wondering how the time went by so fast? Finally feeling ready to take on the current stage right when that stage is about to end? Is it ever possible to really feel ready?? I remember when I was younger and summers were nearing the end, I was always ready to go back to school. But it was only because I was finally bored of sleeping late and lazy days. I remember when I was about to graduate high school, I was definitely ready for college. But only because high school had started to bore me and I was ready for something brand new. Same thing with going from college to grad school. Same thing with moving from NJ back to CA. Same thing with changing jobs. Maybe you never really feel ready for the next stage of parenthood because no part of it is ever boring. (Well, maybe except when you're ready for your kids to be married or ready to become grandparents, haha!) The thought that parenthood is so exciting that you're never bored makes me feel "ready" to experience it. And there folks, is the ultimate parenthood puzzle. :)
Daily Dose of Lubna: Swimming tonight!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home