Thursday, September 07, 2006
Just a Little Pinch
Mood: Tired!

Quotable Quotes: The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well. --Joe Ancis

The Squirt Countdown: 82 days.

POD:

That's me these days...

Except lying on my left side to maximize circulation and the amount of nutrients going to Squirt, I know I know. :)

The last week or so has been BUSY! Shehrzad and I went to Houston over the long weekend to spend some time with my family and had a blast! Amma and Sabiha organized a really fun baby shower, I got to see all my cousins/aunts/uncles, and got to just hang out with everyone for a few days.

These days, I've been starting to think a lot about the actual labor and delivery. From the very beginning of the pregnancy, I've been asking for an epidural so that I'm good and ready when the pain starts. Surprisingly, lately I've been thinking that I should give myself the option of not getting any medication if I feel I can. I really have no idea what to expect, but I really wonder if I can do it medication-free. Most people ask me why I would want to and I don't have a good answer, but I'd like to just keep it as an option. When I was younger, I remember asking my mom what it felt like to have a baby. She took my hand, pinched it a little, and said 'Just like that'. Uh huh. After watching one too many episodes of A Baby Story (yay TLC!), I know that was a big fat lie. But what does it really feel like? A really bad tummy ache? Getting run over by a bazillion Mack trucks at the same time? I just don't know. So how do I know if I'll need the meds? Some days I feel like I want to experience it all. Other days I remember moaning and groaning in India after eating/drinking who knows what. So I'm flip flopping a lot. We'll see what happens.

I can't believe there are less than 3 months to go. Squirt is going to be here before we know it! So so exciting. :) Shehrzad said the sweetest thing this morning. He said, 'You know, I'm really happy we're having a boy." I asked, "Why?" And he said, "Because you'll call us 'your boys'." Soooo sweet!

Daily Dose of Lubna: Just happy it's Thursday!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG