Mood: Relaxed.
Quotable Quotes: The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible. --George Burns
The Squirt Countdown: 132 days.
POD:

Lilypad
These days, I've been obsessed with anything and everything frog-related. We're decorating Squirt's room in a froggie/turtle/snail/dragonfly theme and I think I'm dangerously close to going completely overboard with the froggie/turtle/snail/dragonfly themed accessories! I can't get enough. Sure, the kid will grow up being completely anti-outdoors, but at least he'll have a cute nursery to hang out in while he's avoiding nature. :)
In non-baby-related news, I'm really starting to ramp up with my volunteering again. Earlier this year, I think I had completely overdosed on volunteering and my hiatus ended up lasting a good 4-5 months. But I've been getting back into it these days and it's really nice to reconnect with my old volunteering friends. And it's nice to do projects with Shehrzad because come November, who knows when we'll be able to get out for another volunteering gig. One of our favorite projects is a food kitchen project where we prepare a meal from scratch and serve about 50-60 people. The food always turns out so well and the people we serve are obviously so appreciative of the effort. It's a fun once-a-month ritual we've been doing together since last year and I hope to be able to continue doing it for the next few months. If not, maybe I can at least be the designated taste tester? :)
Squirt's been moving like crazy today. Everytime he does, it puts a huge smile on my face. Hopefully Shehrzad will be able to feel him soon!
Daily Dose of Lubna: Pediatrician (oh boy!) introductory meeting at the clinic tonight. I can't believe we're already starting to think about this stuff...
Quotable Quotes: The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible. --George Burns
The Squirt Countdown: 132 days.
POD:

Lilypad
These days, I've been obsessed with anything and everything frog-related. We're decorating Squirt's room in a froggie/turtle/snail/dragonfly theme and I think I'm dangerously close to going completely overboard with the froggie/turtle/snail/dragonfly themed accessories! I can't get enough. Sure, the kid will grow up being completely anti-outdoors, but at least he'll have a cute nursery to hang out in while he's avoiding nature. :)
In non-baby-related news, I'm really starting to ramp up with my volunteering again. Earlier this year, I think I had completely overdosed on volunteering and my hiatus ended up lasting a good 4-5 months. But I've been getting back into it these days and it's really nice to reconnect with my old volunteering friends. And it's nice to do projects with Shehrzad because come November, who knows when we'll be able to get out for another volunteering gig. One of our favorite projects is a food kitchen project where we prepare a meal from scratch and serve about 50-60 people. The food always turns out so well and the people we serve are obviously so appreciative of the effort. It's a fun once-a-month ritual we've been doing together since last year and I hope to be able to continue doing it for the next few months. If not, maybe I can at least be the designated taste tester? :)
Squirt's been moving like crazy today. Everytime he does, it puts a huge smile on my face. Hopefully Shehrzad will be able to feel him soon!
Daily Dose of Lubna: Pediatrician (oh boy!) introductory meeting at the clinic tonight. I can't believe we're already starting to think about this stuff...
2 Comments:
Woah, you and Melati and your template changes out of nowhere. Looks great though. All maternal-like.
Congrats on Mr.Squirt! Name him DeShawn. Or Durrell. Please? That would kick ass.
Shehrzad has dibs on DeAndre. And he had reserved DeAndrea in case Squirt was a Squirtette. Thank goodness for veto power!
Post a Comment
<< Home