Tuesday, June 06, 2006
Peep peep!
Mood: Sleepy!

Quotable Quotes: Did you ever see the customers in health-food stores? They are pale, skinny people who look half dead. In a steak house, you see robust, ruddy people. They're dying, of course, but they look terrific. --Bill Cosby

The Squirt Countdown: 175 days.

POD:

Lanterns

I know, I know. As soon as I say I'm going to start updating on a regular basis, I go weeks without a peep. Sorry! It's Squirt's fault. :)

Everything has been going really well lately. I'm still pretty tired, but other than that, I'm as happy as can be. My tummy is starting to pop out a bit, but the clothes still cover it up enough to keep things on the DL at work. I'm starting to research services at LPCH, we're going to go on our first baby furniture shopping trip this weekend, and we're starting to think about planning a babymoon. :) We've got another doctor's appointment scheduled for Monday -- can't wait to hear Squirt's heartbeat again! A few weeks ago, we were at LPCH for the Nuchal Tranlucency test and we got to see how much Squirt has grown over the past month or so. All I can say is WOW. We saw Squirt's spine, fingers, profile, tummy, heart beating, and we saw the little munchkin squirming all over the place, although I couldn't feel a thing. All the books say I should start to feel something in the next month or so and I just can't wait. Life is good. :)

One of the biggest blessings throughout the pregnancy so far has been Shehrzad. When we first found out I was pregnant, I was a little freaked out (understatement). I was really excited of course, but really scared about it all. Shehrzad was only excited. Really, really excited. And he still is. He reads all about each pregnancy month online, reads his Expectant Father book every night before going to bed, excitedly puts each ultrasound picture on the fridge, and just looks so happy everytime we talk about Squirt. He even says good morning and good night to Squirt every day. :) Seeing him so excited has really helped me put everything into perspective, and realize that while it's ok to be scared every now and then, the end result of all of this is the most exciting thing that will happen in our lives. It's really gotten me even more excited and comfortable with being pregnant and being a mom! He can't really quell my fears about the actual labor and delivery though. :) That's why I'm thinking about getting an epidural now... so that I'm good and ready (and numb) when the pain actually comes, haha! :)

I was down in LA this past weekend visiting my brother and his recently-made-fiancee (yay!) and for my cousin's baby shower. So fun! The next weekend is the first weekend in a long time where we don't have a whole lot planned. A wedding on Saturday, but no plans other than that. We're going to hit up a baby store or two, to ease ourselves into it. And I'd love to hit the beach for a few hours if the weather holds up. Only Tuesday and I'm already planning the weekend. :)

Daily Dose of Lubna: My allergies are kicking my butt!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG