Saturday, April 30, 2005
Making Up
Mood: Accomplished.

Picture of the Day: TBA. :)

I definitely made up for some wasted time today. I've been so productive and still have energy to keep going. Shehrzad and I woke up at 7am for Special Olympics. Man are these kids amazing or what? They just have so much energy and train with such enthusiasm that you just wanna give them a medal no matter how they do at the real event. It's so inspiring, to see these kids, who were dealt such a raw deal, but are still making the most of the circumstances. We could all learn a hell of a lot from them. Whenever I volunteer with them, I find myself complaining just a little less for the rest of the day. It's nice to take a break once in a while. :)

Got my car washed, which was desperately needed. Then I was off for some fobby shopping with Sabiha. She was looking for something to wear to a wedding we're going to in a few weeks and found not one, but TWO gorgeous outfits. And dude, *I* did the bargaining! I'm so proud, I'm officially turning into an aunty. :) And to top it off, I resisted soooo many urges to buy stuff -- Shehrzad should be proud! Then we finished off with some yummy fobby food with even more To Go. Yums! I always love hanging out with Sabiha... she's so real and I love having her as my sis. She's one of those people that I feel like I can blurt out absolutely anything and never have to think about it. I do sometimes get weird looks, but that's nothing new for me. :)

Then came home, and our place was clean! We've decided to hire a cleaning person to come every few weeks to clean in the corners we're too scared to go into. :) Then I sat down and have been writing thank you cards (yes, still!) ever since. I finished about 20 more, but still have a ways to go. Ah, I fooled myself when I thought the wedding hungama was over on Jan.30. :)

I'm ready for a break now, so I'm going to go heat up some fobbiness and sit down and watch a movie. Shehrzad's working away at the computer so that we can spend all day tomorrow in Napa together -- woohoo!

Daily Dose of Lubna: It's just been such a wonderful day today... hard to pick just one thing!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG