Friday, September 29, 2006
Flip Flops
Mood: Overwhelmed.

Quotable Quotes: It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority. By definition, there are already enough people to do that. --G. H. Hardy

The Squirt Countdown: 60 days.

POD:

Rice fields. Mmmm, rice!

Squirt's bedroom furniture arrived! Everything looks so good, I'm so happy! :) And apparently Squirt is too since he just now kicked REALLY hard. Or maybe it's the handful of M&Ms I just ate, haha. This weekend I'm going to work on organizing (my favorite word in the English dictionary, right Shehrzad??) his clothes and make the room look a bit more presentable for when the guest of honor arrives.

To explain my Overwhelmed mood from above, let me clarify that it's not really a bad kind of overwhelmed. Just feeling like there's so much left to do before the little guy gets here. Classes to take, things to buy, other things to organize (again), sleep to do, etc. I think one of the things that's contributing to my feeling of overwhelmingness is work. People around here are starting to realize there are only 6 weeks left before I start maternity leave. They don't quite realize there was a reason I announced my pregnancy in June, other than being able to wear maternity pants without getting funny looks and not getting grief for wearing flip flops to work.

I have to tell you all, you may have thought you did, but no, *I* have the most thoughtful husband in the world. On Monday, I was having the crappiest day ever. Every single smell grossed me out, I was cranky and tired, and I was, um, feeling a little backed up. I'll spare you the details, but that evening Shehrzad surprised me with the most beautiful sapphire/diamond necklace! Blue, in honor of our little man. :) I'm going to wear it for the first time when we head to the hospital. Needless to say, I wasn't cranky or tired for the rest of the evening. :)

Daily Dose of Lubna: Taco night!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG