Mood: Satisfied.
Picture of the Day: None today, sorry!
I've been doing a lot of work for different volunteering agencies lately. On Tuesday eve, I went to a Hands on Bay Area Project Leader training session. I learned all about what it means to be a project leader, responsibilities, tasks, etc. I got to thinking about all these different ideas I've had over the years for projects to start. This is going to be such a great opportunity, not only to develop myself as a leader, but to start up some of these ideas I've been working on. Then last night, I went to an information meeting for TNT, and officially registered for the Summer 2005 Cycling Team! I'm SO excited and can't wait to get started on everything. I'm actually going to miss the first ride of the season, darn!, but I can't wait to get started on everything, late. :)
I've found that I really enjoy working on projects where I empower people with any sort of disability, mental/physical/financial, to accomplish something important for themselves. I think that's why I've enjoyed working on Special Olympics so much. Because I'm working with these athletes, and my only goal is to help them accomplish their goals. It's like a 2-for-1. :)
Here are a couple of ideas I have for projects I'd like to start:
1. Kids making kids cards. I was thinking this would be a fun project for kids at say, the Ronald McDonald House to do for each other. Like they each pick a name, sort of like secret Santa, and then during the event, using crafts I bring, make their secret Santa a card for whatever occassion. Or for no occassion, just for fun.
2. I'd like to start some kind of project that volunteers can do with their kids. And really young kids too, like 3 or 4 years old. My sis Sabiha gave me this idea, as she's looking for some sort of charitable work to do with Zee, my 3 year old nephew. I honestly think that volunteerism (is that a word?) is a value that is instilled into people from when they are very young. I've been volunteering for as long as I can remember. I just think it's so important to have children learn hands-on that there are people who don't enjoy the luxuries they do sometimes.
3. Computer classes, maybe at a senior citizen home.
4. Some sort of project where older kids (again, Ronald McDonald House would be perfect) babysit kids or something like that. Again, something where I support people doing something to improve themselves or learning a new skill.
5. ....
I'll continue to add to this list as I think of new ideas.
Daily Dose of Lubna: Thinking about these sorts of ideas really gets me pumped up!
Picture of the Day: None today, sorry!
I've been doing a lot of work for different volunteering agencies lately. On Tuesday eve, I went to a Hands on Bay Area Project Leader training session. I learned all about what it means to be a project leader, responsibilities, tasks, etc. I got to thinking about all these different ideas I've had over the years for projects to start. This is going to be such a great opportunity, not only to develop myself as a leader, but to start up some of these ideas I've been working on. Then last night, I went to an information meeting for TNT, and officially registered for the Summer 2005 Cycling Team! I'm SO excited and can't wait to get started on everything. I'm actually going to miss the first ride of the season, darn!, but I can't wait to get started on everything, late. :)
I've found that I really enjoy working on projects where I empower people with any sort of disability, mental/physical/financial, to accomplish something important for themselves. I think that's why I've enjoyed working on Special Olympics so much. Because I'm working with these athletes, and my only goal is to help them accomplish their goals. It's like a 2-for-1. :)
Here are a couple of ideas I have for projects I'd like to start:
1. Kids making kids cards. I was thinking this would be a fun project for kids at say, the Ronald McDonald House to do for each other. Like they each pick a name, sort of like secret Santa, and then during the event, using crafts I bring, make their secret Santa a card for whatever occassion. Or for no occassion, just for fun.
2. I'd like to start some kind of project that volunteers can do with their kids. And really young kids too, like 3 or 4 years old. My sis Sabiha gave me this idea, as she's looking for some sort of charitable work to do with Zee, my 3 year old nephew. I honestly think that volunteerism (is that a word?) is a value that is instilled into people from when they are very young. I've been volunteering for as long as I can remember. I just think it's so important to have children learn hands-on that there are people who don't enjoy the luxuries they do sometimes.
3. Computer classes, maybe at a senior citizen home.
4. Some sort of project where older kids (again, Ronald McDonald House would be perfect) babysit kids or something like that. Again, something where I support people doing something to improve themselves or learning a new skill.
5. ....
I'll continue to add to this list as I think of new ideas.
Daily Dose of Lubna: Thinking about these sorts of ideas really gets me pumped up!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home