Friday, August 26, 2005
Not a whole lot to report
Mood: Chill.

POD:

Spread eagle

Obviously I enjoy funny bird pictures. I got a call from Shehrzad this morning claiming there is something seriously wrong with the squirrels in Palo Alto. He thinks they've been poisoned or ate some rotten acorns or something. He was apparently walking to get the newspaper today and ran across not one, not two, but t-h-r-e-e crazy squirrels. They were shaking and just sitting in the middle of the road. Granted, squirrels aren't the smartest animals on the planet (as witnessed by one of my cycling teammates who had a serious "squirrel incident" involving the spokes of his wheel), but you'd think that a squirrel would understand that cars are bad. Cars, death. Cars, death. Cars, death. Those kamikaze squirrels just don't seem to get it. In all of this, my love for Shehrzad grew even more. Instead of being the typical snobby Palo Altan (not Alto-an, as I recently learned the hard way), he actually found a stick and tried to prod the squirrel over to the side of the road. No go. The honking cars finally convinced him to give up. Poor squirrel. Stupid squirrel.

My friend Priya and her fiance Matt are visiting this weekend for a wedding, so we're all headed up to Sonoma on Sunday. Looking forward to it! They got into town yesterday, so I called her this morning. She answered the phone 'Hello?'. Me: 'Hullo?' And she instantly knew it was me. How sad that you can always recognize your one friend with a horrible pretend-fob accent. I gotta work on mine. My throat will be sore on Monday, as I'm sure I'll be laughing nonstop with her on Sunday. Can't wait to see them.

Tomorrow's a fun day too. I've got a "short" 35-mile bike ride in Los Altos and then our team is having a send-off potluck party afterwards. Food, food and oh yeah, food. Did someone say food?

Daily Dose of Lubna: Next week my parents come into town for a few days. Yay!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG