Mood: Slightly more awake now.
POD:
(Out of order)
What a fun weekend! Friday, we went out to dinner with Sabiha, Bjan, and the kiddos. Went to Red Lobster, which both Sabiha and I had been craving for ages. Can't get enough of those cheddar biscuits. :) I love hanging out with them... just so chill and fun and plenty of hilarious Zee moments. My favorite was hearing Zee in the restaurant before I even saw him. That boy has some serious lungs! On the way over to our table, he was telling Shehrzad Uncle all about the booger he had in his nose. Lovely!! And Faiz, I don't think I've ever met a better behaved baby. I joke with Bhaijan and Sabiha that when Shehrzad and I have kids, we're going to send them over to their house for 18 years. :) Went out for gelato after we got back home which was just soooo delicious. I love biking because I never feel guilty about anything I eat the day before a big ride, or the day after. Based on that, I should just schedule a big ride every 3 days. :)
Then Saturday was the big 75-mile training ride down in Santa Cruz. What a fantastic route! We started at Natural Bridges park, rode up Hwy 1, up Swanton into the mountains, back onto Hwy 1, up Pescadero into some more mountains, all the way up to Pescadero. Then back onto Hwy 1, back down through San Gregorio, Pigeon Point, and then a loooooong 20 mile stretch on Hwy 1 back to Santa Cruz. We clocked in at about 6:13 on the bike, about 7 hours total. It was freezing the entire time, but once my heart got pumping, it turned out to be perfect riding weather. And I even got my fried rice after the ride to top things off. :) Didn't do much for the rest of the evening after I got home... I was out by about 9pm.
Yesterday was such a fun day with my babe. Gym, errands, and then to a volunteering gig at Urban Ministry. We prepared a meal for about 50 people and helped serve and clean up afterwards. Shehrzad and I both really liked this project and are signed up to do it again next month! Then we were off to a going-away bbq for a friend of ours and had a really fun time hanging out with friends. All in all, a wonderful weekend.
Daily Dose of Lubna: Tonight is the Cause for Celebration party for all TNT's summer season teams. California Cafe, yum. Looking forward to seeing what my teammates look like under their helmets. :)
POD:
(Out of order)
What a fun weekend! Friday, we went out to dinner with Sabiha, Bjan, and the kiddos. Went to Red Lobster, which both Sabiha and I had been craving for ages. Can't get enough of those cheddar biscuits. :) I love hanging out with them... just so chill and fun and plenty of hilarious Zee moments. My favorite was hearing Zee in the restaurant before I even saw him. That boy has some serious lungs! On the way over to our table, he was telling Shehrzad Uncle all about the booger he had in his nose. Lovely!! And Faiz, I don't think I've ever met a better behaved baby. I joke with Bhaijan and Sabiha that when Shehrzad and I have kids, we're going to send them over to their house for 18 years. :) Went out for gelato after we got back home which was just soooo delicious. I love biking because I never feel guilty about anything I eat the day before a big ride, or the day after. Based on that, I should just schedule a big ride every 3 days. :)
Then Saturday was the big 75-mile training ride down in Santa Cruz. What a fantastic route! We started at Natural Bridges park, rode up Hwy 1, up Swanton into the mountains, back onto Hwy 1, up Pescadero into some more mountains, all the way up to Pescadero. Then back onto Hwy 1, back down through San Gregorio, Pigeon Point, and then a loooooong 20 mile stretch on Hwy 1 back to Santa Cruz. We clocked in at about 6:13 on the bike, about 7 hours total. It was freezing the entire time, but once my heart got pumping, it turned out to be perfect riding weather. And I even got my fried rice after the ride to top things off. :) Didn't do much for the rest of the evening after I got home... I was out by about 9pm.
Yesterday was such a fun day with my babe. Gym, errands, and then to a volunteering gig at Urban Ministry. We prepared a meal for about 50 people and helped serve and clean up afterwards. Shehrzad and I both really liked this project and are signed up to do it again next month! Then we were off to a going-away bbq for a friend of ours and had a really fun time hanging out with friends. All in all, a wonderful weekend.
Daily Dose of Lubna: Tonight is the Cause for Celebration party for all TNT's summer season teams. California Cafe, yum. Looking forward to seeing what my teammates look like under their helmets. :)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home