Mood: Exhausted!
POD:

Does it look like a sombrero?
Wow, what a weekend! Friday was our 6-month anniversary (Shehrzad got me the most beautiful purpleish-blueish flowers and a cute new addition to our "family" collection) and the tennis match at Stanfurd was a blast! We met up with some of our friends and thoroughly enjoyed making fun of the foo-fooness of tennis matches. We cracked up everytime everyone's eyes darted over to someone coughing, someone's cell phone going off, something accidently sneezing, someone crunching too loudly, or just any other thing that might "distract" their tennis concentration. Seriously people, what kind of athlete isn't able to perform if there's someone walking around in the stands? Shouldn't a world-class athlete be able to play tennis even if I'm making a little too much noise eating my chili? Sheesh. Given all that, I'm still amazed they didn't declare a game delay everytime Caltrain rolled by. Honestly. And oh yeah, we watched Venus kick Jelena's bootay, 6-3, 6-3. That chick is amazing.
Saturday was my 75 mile training ride all around Los Altos, Cupertino, back into Los Altos Hills, La Honda, Woodside, Canada Road, Stanford, back to Los Altos. I seriously can't believe I finished the ride. It was definitely my favorite ride so far, but still, 75 miles does quite a bit of damage to your butt! It was achy for the rest of the weekend, ouch. The views of the entire bay area from the top of Woodside were worth the achiness hands down!
Yesterday I was up at Stern Grove for some volunteering and then a fabulous performance by the San Francisco Opera. Those people have some serious lungs!! I have no idea what they were singing about, but it was so moving, especially the aria performed by an intern from South Africa, Elza van der Heever.
Daily Dose of Lubna: I saw this quote at the bottom of a friend's email and it cracked me up: "Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo!" :)
POD:

Does it look like a sombrero?
Wow, what a weekend! Friday was our 6-month anniversary (Shehrzad got me the most beautiful purpleish-blueish flowers and a cute new addition to our "family" collection) and the tennis match at Stanfurd was a blast! We met up with some of our friends and thoroughly enjoyed making fun of the foo-fooness of tennis matches. We cracked up everytime everyone's eyes darted over to someone coughing, someone's cell phone going off, something accidently sneezing, someone crunching too loudly, or just any other thing that might "distract" their tennis concentration. Seriously people, what kind of athlete isn't able to perform if there's someone walking around in the stands? Shouldn't a world-class athlete be able to play tennis even if I'm making a little too much noise eating my chili? Sheesh. Given all that, I'm still amazed they didn't declare a game delay everytime Caltrain rolled by. Honestly. And oh yeah, we watched Venus kick Jelena's bootay, 6-3, 6-3. That chick is amazing.
Saturday was my 75 mile training ride all around Los Altos, Cupertino, back into Los Altos Hills, La Honda, Woodside, Canada Road, Stanford, back to Los Altos. I seriously can't believe I finished the ride. It was definitely my favorite ride so far, but still, 75 miles does quite a bit of damage to your butt! It was achy for the rest of the weekend, ouch. The views of the entire bay area from the top of Woodside were worth the achiness hands down!
Yesterday I was up at Stern Grove for some volunteering and then a fabulous performance by the San Francisco Opera. Those people have some serious lungs!! I have no idea what they were singing about, but it was so moving, especially the aria performed by an intern from South Africa, Elza van der Heever.
Daily Dose of Lubna: I saw this quote at the bottom of a friend's email and it cracked me up: "Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo!" :)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home