Tuesday, May 24, 2005
Beginning of my Ride for a Cure Blog
Mood: A little bored.

POD: Isn't this pic so cool?

Airshow

Today officially marks the beginning of my Ride for a Cure blog. For all of you coming here to check on my training progress, feel free to peruse my previous posts -- some are biking related, most are not. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, I've officially joined the Silicon Valley Cycling Team for the summer season to train for the 100 mile Fall Century ride at Mono Lake. Woohoo! The ride is on Saturday, September 10 and yes, I'm planning to do all 100 miles! Apparently the 26.2 miles in Hawaii just wasn't enough, haha! :) Our kickoff meeting was this past Saturday in Palo Alto and it was a blast. Lots of people and lots of energy -- got me pretty pumped up! Our first ride is this Saturday, a 15-mile time trial. I freaked when I first heard 'time trial', but it's really just a ride so that the coaches can kind of figure out what pace everyone rides at and put everyone into appropriate ride groups.

Our season schedule looks something like this:
Saturday, May 28: 15 mile time trial
Sunday, June 5: 25 miles
Saturday, June 18: 35 miles
Sunday, June 26: 45 miles
Saturday, July 9: 55 miles
Saturday, July 16: 60 miles
Saturday, July 30: 75 miles
Saturday, August 13: 75 miles
Saturday, August 20: 80 miles
Saturday, August 27: 30 miles
Saturday, September 10: 100 MILES!!! (High Sierra Fall Century)

Wowzers, I can't believe I'm supposed to do 25 miles 2 weeks from now! Honestly, I can't believe I'm supposed to do 15 miles in 4 days! The most I've done is 12 miles at Crystal Springs, which is relatively flat, and that took a lot out of me. I just hope I'm not the worst rider out there...

Daily Dose of Lubna: I've started thinking about how I want to put my fundraising page together. Here's the website: http://www.active.com/donations/fundraise_public.cfm?key=LubnaQureshi I'm still working on jazzing it up a bit with pictures and some more personalized text, but for now this will do. Feel free to donate -- the DONATE! button works. :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG