Mood: A little nervous!
POD:

Do you think this is doctored?
Tomorrow's 60+ mile ride is quickly approaching, a little too quickly for my taste. I'm not dreading it exactly, but I've had those first-day-of-school butterflies in my tummy since yesterday. Could it be all the water I'm drinking to hydrate hydrate hydrate?!
My hubby Shehrzad as well as my sis-in-law Sabiha and nephew Zee are all coming out tomorrow to volunteer during the ride. They're going to man/woman one of the reststops, so I'm hoping that gives me a encouragement to ride a little faster so that I can see them sooner! I'm so happy they'll be out there... it makes me proud that they are so supportive of what I'm doing. It'll be fun to see Zee's excited face when I finally round the corner right before the reststop. :)
I realized today that I'm not much of a touchy feely kind of person. I find it so weird when someone I don't know very well hugs me. I started thinking about this because some people on my cycling team are VERY touchy feely (all women) which always gives me this feeling like they're acting like they're my best friends or something. I like them all, don't get me wrong, but I've only known them for less than 2 months. What's up with that?
I was just asked by my co-worker Barb to co-chair our company's Light the Night team this year -- wow! Definitely looking forward to that.
I have to pee again. Damn this hydration thing! :) I think my co-workers think I have a medical problem with how often I've been going to the bathroom lately. I should just move my computer in there, haha.
Life outside of cycling is going really well. Shehrzad and I are strapping down and working to save tons of $$ so that we can hopefully seriously start house hunting at the end of this year. I've been looking through the Palo Alto Weekly every week to see what's available and believe it or not, I'm starting to kind of like the Mountain View area. Somewhat reasonably priced, nice area, close to a downtown strip area. But it ain't no Palo Alto. We would both LOVE to stay here, but for something that we want to make $$ on after a few years and then hopefully move again, it's just so expensive. We're hoping that we can move somewhere close by, stay there for a few years, and then once our kids are of school-going age, move back to Palo Alto into our dream home. The schools here are fantastic. Oh brother, listen to me... I think I'm grown up or something. :)
Daily Dose of Lubna: Do you think I'm too concentrated on biking if, as soon as I wake up, my first thought it about what foods will get me the most carbs?
POD:

Do you think this is doctored?
Tomorrow's 60+ mile ride is quickly approaching, a little too quickly for my taste. I'm not dreading it exactly, but I've had those first-day-of-school butterflies in my tummy since yesterday. Could it be all the water I'm drinking to hydrate hydrate hydrate?!
My hubby Shehrzad as well as my sis-in-law Sabiha and nephew Zee are all coming out tomorrow to volunteer during the ride. They're going to man/woman one of the reststops, so I'm hoping that gives me a encouragement to ride a little faster so that I can see them sooner! I'm so happy they'll be out there... it makes me proud that they are so supportive of what I'm doing. It'll be fun to see Zee's excited face when I finally round the corner right before the reststop. :)
I realized today that I'm not much of a touchy feely kind of person. I find it so weird when someone I don't know very well hugs me. I started thinking about this because some people on my cycling team are VERY touchy feely (all women) which always gives me this feeling like they're acting like they're my best friends or something. I like them all, don't get me wrong, but I've only known them for less than 2 months. What's up with that?
I was just asked by my co-worker Barb to co-chair our company's Light the Night team this year -- wow! Definitely looking forward to that.
I have to pee again. Damn this hydration thing! :) I think my co-workers think I have a medical problem with how often I've been going to the bathroom lately. I should just move my computer in there, haha.
Life outside of cycling is going really well. Shehrzad and I are strapping down and working to save tons of $$ so that we can hopefully seriously start house hunting at the end of this year. I've been looking through the Palo Alto Weekly every week to see what's available and believe it or not, I'm starting to kind of like the Mountain View area. Somewhat reasonably priced, nice area, close to a downtown strip area. But it ain't no Palo Alto. We would both LOVE to stay here, but for something that we want to make $$ on after a few years and then hopefully move again, it's just so expensive. We're hoping that we can move somewhere close by, stay there for a few years, and then once our kids are of school-going age, move back to Palo Alto into our dream home. The schools here are fantastic. Oh brother, listen to me... I think I'm grown up or something. :)
Daily Dose of Lubna: Do you think I'm too concentrated on biking if, as soon as I wake up, my first thought it about what foods will get me the most carbs?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home