Thursday, July 28, 2005
Babble
Mood: Feeling good, but a little dirty!

POD:

My own private island

Let me explain my mood before you all start thinking the worst. :) Yesterday morning, the soapdish in our tub was replaced, so we aren't supposed to use the shower for at least 24 hours while the caulking and all dries. So this meant taking a sponge bath, sitting down in the tub and trying to rinse off using just the water coming out of the faucet. I remember waking up last night while Shehrzad was still working away on the computer and going into the office to ask him, "Are you sure I can't take a real shower tomorrow?" So I'm feeling a little nasty today. AND I can't take a shower tonight either because Shehrzad has to finish up some more caulking business. But the shower is back in full business tomorrow morning, so this grossness only has to last another 19 hours or so. Ick. I considered taking all my toiletries to the gym this morning and showering there, but apparently my laziness overtakes my need for cleanliness, so I didn't.

Tonight I'm volunteering at a family shelter in San Jose, playing with the kids, reading to them before bedtime, and then helping to make their lunches for tomorrow. I'm trying to branch out a bit more in the types of volunteering I do and do more projects that bring me face-to-face with the actual people we're helping. A couple weeks ago I volunteered at a homeless shelter in Menlo Park and had a blast. We played bingo with the residents and served ice cream and it was just so nice to personally get the smile that my work brings. :)

Tomorrow Shehrzad and I are joining a couple of our friends to watch the quarterfinals in the Bank of the West Classic tennis tournament. I'm hoping we get to see Venus, but the official schedule doesn't come out until tonight. Should be fun! Venus played a chick from India last night and really kicked her butt. 6-3, 6-2 if I remember correctly. She didn't even have a chance...

I'm getting a little anxious about the 100-miler coming up in less than 2 months. ONE HUNDRED MILES??! I'm worried my butt might fall off. We're doing 75 on Saturday, so I think if I can finish that ride still feeling ok, I might be able to do 100.

Daily Dose of Lubna: Looking forward to a fun weekend!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG