Mood: Feeling good!
POD:

This one is SO cool!
This past weekend's trip to Houston was so much fun, but way too short! On Friday, Shehrzad and I reached there around 1pm. My dad picked us up from the airport, we went home, hung out with NaniAmma, waited for my mom to come home from work and then started our crazy weekend together. One of our goals for the weekend was to set my parents up with a new computer with DSL and all. So my dad, Shehrzad and I went shopping on Friday night for all the goods. And man did they get some good goods! A really cool flat panel monitor, a fast computer and a bunch of gadgets. I hope the computer doesn't just sit there and collect dust now! :)
Then on Saturday, we had a huge family gathering at our house to honor the 1-year anniversary of my grandfather's passing. It was just great to get together with family and remember him. I got to see pretty much all of my cousins and aunts and uncles, and actually got to talk to them this time, unlike the last time I saw them at my wedding! It's pretty cool because all the cousins are grown up now and talk about more than boys and the lastest Nintendo games, so I really got a chance to get to know them better. We're all going to definitely keep in touch better and a couple of them are even planning to come visit us soon!
On Sunday, my aunt and uncle's family had yet another party at their house to celebrate their new house, which is actually our old house. It was so weird walking in there knowing that we don't live there anymore, but everywhere I looked, memories. I'm glad they're moving in there though because it's sort of like the house is staying in the family and not like there will be just totally random people living there. Our flight back home was Sunday night, so we had a leave a bit early from the party to make our flight. Oh, thank you Amma for packing the cooler of food for us! Our freezer is fully stocked now. :)
Our team has a 75 mile training ride scheduled for Saturday, eek! My legs and butt already hurt from thinking about it. :) Hopefully the weather doesn't get too warm... I heard the weather for this past weekend's buddy ride was pretty brutal and a lot of people didn't finish the ride. Thank goodness the weather at Mono Lake is expected to be significantly cooler in September, so we don't need to worry about melting on our bikes. One teammate was telling me that the day after the event last year, it snowed! Hopefully it won't get that cold either... I wouldn't want my butt to get frostbite and get frozen to the seat!
Daily Dose of Lubna: I've been so productive today, crossing a bunch of things off my Work To Do list.
POD:

This one is SO cool!
This past weekend's trip to Houston was so much fun, but way too short! On Friday, Shehrzad and I reached there around 1pm. My dad picked us up from the airport, we went home, hung out with NaniAmma, waited for my mom to come home from work and then started our crazy weekend together. One of our goals for the weekend was to set my parents up with a new computer with DSL and all. So my dad, Shehrzad and I went shopping on Friday night for all the goods. And man did they get some good goods! A really cool flat panel monitor, a fast computer and a bunch of gadgets. I hope the computer doesn't just sit there and collect dust now! :)
Then on Saturday, we had a huge family gathering at our house to honor the 1-year anniversary of my grandfather's passing. It was just great to get together with family and remember him. I got to see pretty much all of my cousins and aunts and uncles, and actually got to talk to them this time, unlike the last time I saw them at my wedding! It's pretty cool because all the cousins are grown up now and talk about more than boys and the lastest Nintendo games, so I really got a chance to get to know them better. We're all going to definitely keep in touch better and a couple of them are even planning to come visit us soon!
On Sunday, my aunt and uncle's family had yet another party at their house to celebrate their new house, which is actually our old house. It was so weird walking in there knowing that we don't live there anymore, but everywhere I looked, memories. I'm glad they're moving in there though because it's sort of like the house is staying in the family and not like there will be just totally random people living there. Our flight back home was Sunday night, so we had a leave a bit early from the party to make our flight. Oh, thank you Amma for packing the cooler of food for us! Our freezer is fully stocked now. :)
Our team has a 75 mile training ride scheduled for Saturday, eek! My legs and butt already hurt from thinking about it. :) Hopefully the weather doesn't get too warm... I heard the weather for this past weekend's buddy ride was pretty brutal and a lot of people didn't finish the ride. Thank goodness the weather at Mono Lake is expected to be significantly cooler in September, so we don't need to worry about melting on our bikes. One teammate was telling me that the day after the event last year, it snowed! Hopefully it won't get that cold either... I wouldn't want my butt to get frostbite and get frozen to the seat!
Daily Dose of Lubna: I've been so productive today, crossing a bunch of things off my Work To Do list.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home