Mood: Achy.
POD:

"A" home.
Yesterday's session of hill repeats wasn't actually too bad. The road we usually repeat on was all gravelly, so we rode up and down Stevens Canyon twice. Small rollers, a couple of steeper inclines, and more manageable downhills. I'm still such a scaredy cat on the descents and my brakes really hate me for it. Went to Chipotle ("chip-a-top-play" according to my mom, haha) with the team afterwards, yum.
I feel like ALL I write about anymore is biking, so this post is going to be about anything but. It's sad, but I've been sitting here for about 5 minutes trying to think about something non-biking-related to write about...
I had the most bizarre dream last night. I dreamed that Shehrzad and I went to Houston to visit my parents and grandmother and as soon as we got home, I started unpacking my suitcase. I opened the top of it and saw all these crawly things everywhere. I freaked out and ran with my suitcase to the back door, but there was a big box blocking it, so I couldn't open the door. So I just started yelling, "Open the door! I have ants all over my suitcase!!" I kept repeating it over and over again, and at some point I started actually yelling out loud for real. Poor Shehrzad woke up and was like "What the...". I remember he had to yell at me to get me to wake up and be quiet. Poor guy, I think he's going to get me a muzzle for my bday. :)
The book I'm reading took a really interesting turn yesterday. The donor daughter's father now agrees with his donor daughter on her reasons to stop donating to her sister. The court trial is about to start and he's going to testify on her behalf. It's just such an interesting question to think about... at what point do you allow or disallow your child to make personal decisions that will directly impact the life of another family member? Is it a question of age? Maturity? Fear? I honestly have no idea what I would do in the same situation.
Daily Dose of Lubna: Volunteering at Books Aloud tonight. It's a really great library program that delivers books on tape to people who aren't able to read for whatever reason.
POD:

"A" home.
Yesterday's session of hill repeats wasn't actually too bad. The road we usually repeat on was all gravelly, so we rode up and down Stevens Canyon twice. Small rollers, a couple of steeper inclines, and more manageable downhills. I'm still such a scaredy cat on the descents and my brakes really hate me for it. Went to Chipotle ("chip-a-top-play" according to my mom, haha) with the team afterwards, yum.
I feel like ALL I write about anymore is biking, so this post is going to be about anything but. It's sad, but I've been sitting here for about 5 minutes trying to think about something non-biking-related to write about...
I had the most bizarre dream last night. I dreamed that Shehrzad and I went to Houston to visit my parents and grandmother and as soon as we got home, I started unpacking my suitcase. I opened the top of it and saw all these crawly things everywhere. I freaked out and ran with my suitcase to the back door, but there was a big box blocking it, so I couldn't open the door. So I just started yelling, "Open the door! I have ants all over my suitcase!!" I kept repeating it over and over again, and at some point I started actually yelling out loud for real. Poor Shehrzad woke up and was like "What the...". I remember he had to yell at me to get me to wake up and be quiet. Poor guy, I think he's going to get me a muzzle for my bday. :)
The book I'm reading took a really interesting turn yesterday. The donor daughter's father now agrees with his donor daughter on her reasons to stop donating to her sister. The court trial is about to start and he's going to testify on her behalf. It's just such an interesting question to think about... at what point do you allow or disallow your child to make personal decisions that will directly impact the life of another family member? Is it a question of age? Maturity? Fear? I honestly have no idea what I would do in the same situation.
Daily Dose of Lubna: Volunteering at Books Aloud tonight. It's a really great library program that delivers books on tape to people who aren't able to read for whatever reason.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home