Mood: Doing well!
POD:

Lonesome tree
My tummy is starting to feel all butterflyish since I have hill repeats in about an hour. You'd think that I would be used to this workout now, but for some reason I still get all nervous beforehand. I think because I haven't been out on my bike for about a week now, so I'm worried I've lost it all. We've got another 75-miler coming up on Saturday in Santa Cruz, so I sure hope I haven't lost it! I just got an email from the coach saying that it's a not very difficult ride this weekend (just long, with some short small hills), so I think I'll be able to handle it. We'll be riding a good portion of it along Hwy 1 which is bound to be just beautiful. I need to remember to bring a disposable camera this time.
This past weekend was a total blast. Friday, we went up to the city with some friends for sushi and then a party. Saturday, Shehrzad and I overslept and raced up to the city to check out the Universe Within exhibit at the Masonic Center. This was definitely THE coolest exhibit I have ever seen. Totally worth it. We got to see real dissected bodies and all the innards. I know, totally gross but it was just so fascinating. I think one of the coolest displays was a body that had been cut in half vertically and then opened up so that you can see the cross section. I've just never seen anything like that except on TV or in the movies and it just wasn't the same. Afterwards, we were just walking along and came across Grace Cathedral, so we decided to check it out. This place is just beautiful. I have a real fascination for churches, especially the stained glass. I love how peaceful churches are. I'm not in any way a religious gal, but I do appreciate the peacefulness of religious houses. This cathedral was so huge that I lost Shehrzad for a while and so I decided to call him on his cell phone. Luckily his phone is always on vibrate, or else I would have ruined the peace. :) Then we walked down to Union Square, went shopping for a while, Rasputins, Gap, Urban Outfitters, and then back to Union Square to just chill. Then onto a bbq at a friends place in the Presidio. Sunday, we volunteered with Hands On in the morning, went to the gym, grocery shopping, and then back home for some R&R. I love weekends like that.
I bought like a million books this weekend, one of which I'm currently reading called My Sister's Keeper. I read a review of it somewhere and then saw it at Borders on Saturday, so I decided to give it a shot. So far it's really good. It's this book about this family of 5, and the eldest daughter has leukemia. So to provide a perfect matched donor for her, the parents decide to genetically engineer another sibling to be that perfect match. Fast forward about 13 years and now that younger sister is suing her parents for medical rights to her own body. It's interesting to think about what it means to love your child, and how loving and supporting one child can be completely against loving and supporting your other child. So far a Lubna's thumbs up.
Daily Dose of Lubna: My toof feels funny.
POD:

Lonesome tree
My tummy is starting to feel all butterflyish since I have hill repeats in about an hour. You'd think that I would be used to this workout now, but for some reason I still get all nervous beforehand. I think because I haven't been out on my bike for about a week now, so I'm worried I've lost it all. We've got another 75-miler coming up on Saturday in Santa Cruz, so I sure hope I haven't lost it! I just got an email from the coach saying that it's a not very difficult ride this weekend (just long, with some short small hills), so I think I'll be able to handle it. We'll be riding a good portion of it along Hwy 1 which is bound to be just beautiful. I need to remember to bring a disposable camera this time.
This past weekend was a total blast. Friday, we went up to the city with some friends for sushi and then a party. Saturday, Shehrzad and I overslept and raced up to the city to check out the Universe Within exhibit at the Masonic Center. This was definitely THE coolest exhibit I have ever seen. Totally worth it. We got to see real dissected bodies and all the innards. I know, totally gross but it was just so fascinating. I think one of the coolest displays was a body that had been cut in half vertically and then opened up so that you can see the cross section. I've just never seen anything like that except on TV or in the movies and it just wasn't the same. Afterwards, we were just walking along and came across Grace Cathedral, so we decided to check it out. This place is just beautiful. I have a real fascination for churches, especially the stained glass. I love how peaceful churches are. I'm not in any way a religious gal, but I do appreciate the peacefulness of religious houses. This cathedral was so huge that I lost Shehrzad for a while and so I decided to call him on his cell phone. Luckily his phone is always on vibrate, or else I would have ruined the peace. :) Then we walked down to Union Square, went shopping for a while, Rasputins, Gap, Urban Outfitters, and then back to Union Square to just chill. Then onto a bbq at a friends place in the Presidio. Sunday, we volunteered with Hands On in the morning, went to the gym, grocery shopping, and then back home for some R&R. I love weekends like that.
I bought like a million books this weekend, one of which I'm currently reading called My Sister's Keeper. I read a review of it somewhere and then saw it at Borders on Saturday, so I decided to give it a shot. So far it's really good. It's this book about this family of 5, and the eldest daughter has leukemia. So to provide a perfect matched donor for her, the parents decide to genetically engineer another sibling to be that perfect match. Fast forward about 13 years and now that younger sister is suing her parents for medical rights to her own body. It's interesting to think about what it means to love your child, and how loving and supporting one child can be completely against loving and supporting your other child. So far a Lubna's thumbs up.
Daily Dose of Lubna: My toof feels funny.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home