Mood: Somber.
POD:

Rain
Still feeling really sad about Ben. It just seems so unfair for a child to go through something like this, with no answers to any questions. I just wish I could understand even a grain of sand-size of Why? All I can hope for is serenity for those left behind.
Saturday's ride was by far one of the most emotionally tough, physically rough rides of the entire season for me. Before every ride, our entire team gets together for some words of wisdom by our coaches, updates on honorees by our honoree captain, and a big fat Go Team! cheer. This Saturday's pre-ride gathering started with an update on Ben and letting us know that it was a matter of days. I don't think there was a dry eye/heart in the entire crowd. Who would have thought that the moment everyone had been dreading for months would come just 13 hours later? No one was prepared, but I imagine no one can ever be. We didn't find out about Ben until yesterday morning.
On a happy note, Saturday was Faiz's first birthday!! We went over after my ride and celebrated with chinese take-out, ice cream cake, presents, lots of kisses and hugs, and of course, sidewalk chalk for Zee. :) Faiz has got to be THE happiest baby I've ever seen. Just so happy scooting around on his butt (so CUTE!!) and eating his birthday cake. I'm so lucky to be an aunt. :) After waking up at 5:30am, riding 85 miles, and no nap afterwards, I pooped out around 10pm. Actually a record for me. :)
Yesterday was a perfect day -- a lazy morning, breakfast in our pjs, Lifetime TV until noon, yummy lunch at Paxti's for Michelle's bday, a slow stroll down University, time well-spend in Borders, gym, and then back home for an afternoon and evening of nothingness. It was fabulous and exactly what I needed. I've been giving the new electric griddle a good workout these days -- pancakes/hashbrowns in the morning, and fish for dinner! Whole Foods definitely knows how to marinate fish... so worth the $$!
Daily Dose of Lubna: Not much yet, I'm still working on waking up. :)
POD:

Rain
Still feeling really sad about Ben. It just seems so unfair for a child to go through something like this, with no answers to any questions. I just wish I could understand even a grain of sand-size of Why? All I can hope for is serenity for those left behind.
Saturday's ride was by far one of the most emotionally tough, physically rough rides of the entire season for me. Before every ride, our entire team gets together for some words of wisdom by our coaches, updates on honorees by our honoree captain, and a big fat Go Team! cheer. This Saturday's pre-ride gathering started with an update on Ben and letting us know that it was a matter of days. I don't think there was a dry eye/heart in the entire crowd. Who would have thought that the moment everyone had been dreading for months would come just 13 hours later? No one was prepared, but I imagine no one can ever be. We didn't find out about Ben until yesterday morning.
On a happy note, Saturday was Faiz's first birthday!! We went over after my ride and celebrated with chinese take-out, ice cream cake, presents, lots of kisses and hugs, and of course, sidewalk chalk for Zee. :) Faiz has got to be THE happiest baby I've ever seen. Just so happy scooting around on his butt (so CUTE!!) and eating his birthday cake. I'm so lucky to be an aunt. :) After waking up at 5:30am, riding 85 miles, and no nap afterwards, I pooped out around 10pm. Actually a record for me. :)
Yesterday was a perfect day -- a lazy morning, breakfast in our pjs, Lifetime TV until noon, yummy lunch at Paxti's for Michelle's bday, a slow stroll down University, time well-spend in Borders, gym, and then back home for an afternoon and evening of nothingness. It was fabulous and exactly what I needed. I've been giving the new electric griddle a good workout these days -- pancakes/hashbrowns in the morning, and fish for dinner! Whole Foods definitely knows how to marinate fish... so worth the $$!
Daily Dose of Lubna: Not much yet, I'm still working on waking up. :)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home