Mood: Happy!
The Peanut Countdown: 52 days.
POD:

On the bus to Jaipur
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!!
Day 6: India - Jaipur
This is going to be a really short description of this day in India as we spent a good part of the day on the bus driving to Jaipur. Shehrzad and I were both horribly sick. All I remember about the ride was serious aches, moaning and listening to Vanessa Carlton on my iPod. Thank goodness for the iPod. Hours later, after arriving at yet another so-so hotel, Shehrzad and I were in our room for the rest of the day/evening, aching, moaning, and hurting bad. Not a fun day at all. Thank goodness my parents were feeling AOK, so they were able to nurse us and stay happy enough to make up for our miserableness. Above is a picture of my dad hanging out at the front of the bus on the way to Jaipur.
In non-India related news, Shehrzad and I have officially started househunting! I think I've mentioned multiple times now that we have "officially" started, but we "officially OFFICIALLY" started yesterday. We went to our first open house and did drivebys of a few others we were intrigued by. Unfortunately, half the places we looked at had already been sold, but we were at least encouraged to know that the process has started. The open house house was ok, but I wasn't feeling it. I have this romantic idea that a future house is like a future husband... you'll know when you see/meet it/him. And I just wasn't getting that I-can't-live-without-this vibe from this house. It was a 5bdrm/2ba house (huge number of rooms yes), but the house just felt so cramped. All the rooms were tiny and the master bath was yuck. And Shehrzad and I are not looking for a place that will need a serious amount of remodeling. New carpet, paint we can probably handle, but nothing more than that. It'll be interesting to see how the standards change as the househunt continues. :) On my way to work this morning, I drove towards a house that we didn't get a chance to drive by yesterday, but it wasn't all that. It was almost like a renovated garage area. But a few blocks before that was a nice house that's for sale by the owner. So I called Shehrzad and told him to drive by it on his way to work. He approved the outside and general neighborhood, so we're going to ask our real estate agent about it. So exciting that we're actually looking at houses. I feel so grown up or something.
In other exciting news, yesterday was our 1-year anniversary! To celebrate (after doing our drivebys), we saw the new Cirque du Soleil show in San Jose. Amazing! We both loved it, especially.... well, I won't ruin it, as I know some of my blog readers have tickets to see it soon.
For the past week or so, I've been pestering Shehrzad to give me a hint about my birthday present. I finally pestered just the right amount and he caved and decided to give me my bday present early, woohoo! I'll have to remember that tactic for future birthdays... Anyways, he gave me a little black pursey-pouchy thing that looked oddly familiar and when I opened it, the same beautiful gold sapphire/diamond ring my mom was shopping for in India was inside! I was shocked! At first I thought that my mom and I now had matching rings, but lo and behold, Shehrzad and my parents had schemed the whole thing! Apparently when we first got to India, Shehrzad asked for my parents help in picking something out to surprise me with for my bday. So in Jaipur, my parents and I spent a day shopping [Shehrzad was sick, so he stayed at the hotel that day] and one of the last stops we made was at a jewelry store. We picked out a few things to buy and then my mom decided she wanted to look at rings. I remember being kinda surprised because when my mom shops for jewelry, it's either for entire sets or single chains... an individual ring was so unlike her usual MO. But I remember being proud she was trying something new... So she picked out a few rings, asked me what I thought, and then she decided on one that I really liked. There was even another one just like it that I seriously thought about buying. I found out later that my parents were really panicking when I expressed interest in buying the same ring for myself! Haha!! Getting the ring fitted was another story. The jeweler of course didn't know the ring was a surprise for me, so he was measuring my mom's finger. Somehow they measured my finger as well (I think because I was thinking about buying a ring too) to get my ring size, but had no way to telling the jeweler to make the ring in the smaller size. My mom finally said something like 'I know my fingers swell when I travel, so please make it in the smaller size." I should have gotten suspicious, but I didn't think anything of it. Another funny story about the ring... at one point in Ahmedabad, Shehrzad was keeping my mom's jewelry in his shoulder bag for safe keeping. A day before my parents were to leave to go back home, I had to put Shehrzad's passport back in his bag. So I opened his bag and saw the ring pouch. I figured that he must have forgotten to give it back to her... little did I know that my mom had given it to him to surprise me with! So I took it out to give back to her before they left Ahmedabad. I remember I took it out and put it next to the TV to remind myself to take it over to their room. Of course I forgot, and a while later, Shehrzad came back into our room to see the ring pouch sitting next to the TV! Up until Saturday, he was upset with himself, thinking he had accidently left it lying out... he had no idea I had taken it out of his bag to return to my mom! Then, I go back in the room to get the pouch to give to my mom and it was gone, uh oh. So I went over to my parent's room and asked my mom if Shehrzad had given her the ring pouch back. She of course had to lie and say yes... a close call! :) Anyways, I loooooove the ring and can't believe how much trouble they all went to to pull off the surprise. Needless to say, I had no clue, but was so surprised and love love love my new ring! Thanks hon! :)
Daily Dose of Lubna: Volunteered with Shehrzad at Second Harvest this past weekend. I don't think I ever want to see another can of fava beans!
The Peanut Countdown: 52 days.
POD:

On the bus to Jaipur
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!!
Day 6: India - Jaipur
This is going to be a really short description of this day in India as we spent a good part of the day on the bus driving to Jaipur. Shehrzad and I were both horribly sick. All I remember about the ride was serious aches, moaning and listening to Vanessa Carlton on my iPod. Thank goodness for the iPod. Hours later, after arriving at yet another so-so hotel, Shehrzad and I were in our room for the rest of the day/evening, aching, moaning, and hurting bad. Not a fun day at all. Thank goodness my parents were feeling AOK, so they were able to nurse us and stay happy enough to make up for our miserableness. Above is a picture of my dad hanging out at the front of the bus on the way to Jaipur.
In non-India related news, Shehrzad and I have officially started househunting! I think I've mentioned multiple times now that we have "officially" started, but we "officially OFFICIALLY" started yesterday. We went to our first open house and did drivebys of a few others we were intrigued by. Unfortunately, half the places we looked at had already been sold, but we were at least encouraged to know that the process has started. The open house house was ok, but I wasn't feeling it. I have this romantic idea that a future house is like a future husband... you'll know when you see/meet it/him. And I just wasn't getting that I-can't-live-without-this vibe from this house. It was a 5bdrm/2ba house (huge number of rooms yes), but the house just felt so cramped. All the rooms were tiny and the master bath was yuck. And Shehrzad and I are not looking for a place that will need a serious amount of remodeling. New carpet, paint we can probably handle, but nothing more than that. It'll be interesting to see how the standards change as the househunt continues. :) On my way to work this morning, I drove towards a house that we didn't get a chance to drive by yesterday, but it wasn't all that. It was almost like a renovated garage area. But a few blocks before that was a nice house that's for sale by the owner. So I called Shehrzad and told him to drive by it on his way to work. He approved the outside and general neighborhood, so we're going to ask our real estate agent about it. So exciting that we're actually looking at houses. I feel so grown up or something.
In other exciting news, yesterday was our 1-year anniversary! To celebrate (after doing our drivebys), we saw the new Cirque du Soleil show in San Jose. Amazing! We both loved it, especially.... well, I won't ruin it, as I know some of my blog readers have tickets to see it soon.
For the past week or so, I've been pestering Shehrzad to give me a hint about my birthday present. I finally pestered just the right amount and he caved and decided to give me my bday present early, woohoo! I'll have to remember that tactic for future birthdays... Anyways, he gave me a little black pursey-pouchy thing that looked oddly familiar and when I opened it, the same beautiful gold sapphire/diamond ring my mom was shopping for in India was inside! I was shocked! At first I thought that my mom and I now had matching rings, but lo and behold, Shehrzad and my parents had schemed the whole thing! Apparently when we first got to India, Shehrzad asked for my parents help in picking something out to surprise me with for my bday. So in Jaipur, my parents and I spent a day shopping [Shehrzad was sick, so he stayed at the hotel that day] and one of the last stops we made was at a jewelry store. We picked out a few things to buy and then my mom decided she wanted to look at rings. I remember being kinda surprised because when my mom shops for jewelry, it's either for entire sets or single chains... an individual ring was so unlike her usual MO. But I remember being proud she was trying something new... So she picked out a few rings, asked me what I thought, and then she decided on one that I really liked. There was even another one just like it that I seriously thought about buying. I found out later that my parents were really panicking when I expressed interest in buying the same ring for myself! Haha!! Getting the ring fitted was another story. The jeweler of course didn't know the ring was a surprise for me, so he was measuring my mom's finger. Somehow they measured my finger as well (I think because I was thinking about buying a ring too) to get my ring size, but had no way to telling the jeweler to make the ring in the smaller size. My mom finally said something like 'I know my fingers swell when I travel, so please make it in the smaller size." I should have gotten suspicious, but I didn't think anything of it. Another funny story about the ring... at one point in Ahmedabad, Shehrzad was keeping my mom's jewelry in his shoulder bag for safe keeping. A day before my parents were to leave to go back home, I had to put Shehrzad's passport back in his bag. So I opened his bag and saw the ring pouch. I figured that he must have forgotten to give it back to her... little did I know that my mom had given it to him to surprise me with! So I took it out to give back to her before they left Ahmedabad. I remember I took it out and put it next to the TV to remind myself to take it over to their room. Of course I forgot, and a while later, Shehrzad came back into our room to see the ring pouch sitting next to the TV! Up until Saturday, he was upset with himself, thinking he had accidently left it lying out... he had no idea I had taken it out of his bag to return to my mom! Then, I go back in the room to get the pouch to give to my mom and it was gone, uh oh. So I went over to my parent's room and asked my mom if Shehrzad had given her the ring pouch back. She of course had to lie and say yes... a close call! :) Anyways, I loooooove the ring and can't believe how much trouble they all went to to pull off the surprise. Needless to say, I had no clue, but was so surprised and love love love my new ring! Thanks hon! :)
Daily Dose of Lubna: Volunteered with Shehrzad at Second Harvest this past weekend. I don't think I ever want to see another can of fava beans!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home