Mood: Excellent!
The Peanut Countdown: 42 days.
POD:

Delhi city scene
Day 10: India - Delhi
Our last day of the tour! We packed up and filed onto the bus for a 4 hour ride back to Delhi. Once we checked into the hotel, my parents, Shehrzad and I were all finally feeling healthy enough to go out and about. So we hopped into a taxi and took a ride down to Connaught Place for some window shopping, dinner, and some real shopping! :)
We were all seriously desperate for any kind of food that was non-Indian. Now don't get me wrong… I looooove Indian food. But 2 weeks of it nonstop is bound to make me start craving a good ole' plate of spaghetti (not desi style!). So our first stop… TGIF! Such a fantastic meal. Except for the belligerent European drunk couple one table away from us, we had such a nice time together.
While I did have a great time touring around India with my hubby and parents, I think one of my favorite things was just spending time together as a family. My parents had certainly spent a decent amount of time with Shehrzad, but this was the first time we spent such a concentrated amount of time together after our wedding. It was so nice and I really feel like Shehrzad and my parents bonded. Cmon, when you can openly discuss your bowel movements with your in-laws (not because that's what we like to talk about (but we do!), but because we both got soooo sick), that's when you know the walls have come down. :)
After dinner, my mom and I did some serious shawl shopping while Shehrzad and my dad poked around the stalls outside. A really fantastic last day on our tour. Back to the hotel, packed for our trip to Ahmedabad and went to bed early. Off to visit my dad's hometown of Ahmedabad bright and early the next morning!
Daily Dose of Lubna: Perfect birthday plans tonight... Arby's and Brokeback Mountain! :)
The Peanut Countdown: 42 days.
POD:

Delhi city scene
Day 10: India - Delhi
Our last day of the tour! We packed up and filed onto the bus for a 4 hour ride back to Delhi. Once we checked into the hotel, my parents, Shehrzad and I were all finally feeling healthy enough to go out and about. So we hopped into a taxi and took a ride down to Connaught Place for some window shopping, dinner, and some real shopping! :)
We were all seriously desperate for any kind of food that was non-Indian. Now don't get me wrong… I looooove Indian food. But 2 weeks of it nonstop is bound to make me start craving a good ole' plate of spaghetti (not desi style!). So our first stop… TGIF! Such a fantastic meal. Except for the belligerent European drunk couple one table away from us, we had such a nice time together.
While I did have a great time touring around India with my hubby and parents, I think one of my favorite things was just spending time together as a family. My parents had certainly spent a decent amount of time with Shehrzad, but this was the first time we spent such a concentrated amount of time together after our wedding. It was so nice and I really feel like Shehrzad and my parents bonded. Cmon, when you can openly discuss your bowel movements with your in-laws (not because that's what we like to talk about (but we do!), but because we both got soooo sick), that's when you know the walls have come down. :)
After dinner, my mom and I did some serious shawl shopping while Shehrzad and my dad poked around the stalls outside. A really fantastic last day on our tour. Back to the hotel, packed for our trip to Ahmedabad and went to bed early. Off to visit my dad's hometown of Ahmedabad bright and early the next morning!
Daily Dose of Lubna: Perfect birthday plans tonight... Arby's and Brokeback Mountain! :)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home