Mood: All over the place.
Quotable Quotes: Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives. --William Dement
The Squirt Countdown: 54 days.
POD:

Chocolate Mosque
Nothing makes you feel more prepared than meeting a bunch of unprepared people. That's exactly how I felt after our first 'Preparing for Childbirth' class last night. Now I'm not usually one to find comfort in other people's misery, but last night it did wonders for my mind. At the beginning of the class, we went around the circle, introduced ourselves, told everyone our due date, whether we were having a boy/girl/unknown, who our OB is, and how the pregnancy has been coming along. I'd say about half the crowd is in the middle of some major remodeling. Most people don't have a car seat yet. It was so comforting to know that if Squirt came today (but stay put buddy!!), we'd just need 5 bazillion diapers and we'd be pretty much ready to go. Maybe I should hit up the 'Moving Thru Pregnancy' class to give myself even more of an ego boost. :)
Now watching The Video during our first class... well, that's another story.
Don't get me wrong. There's still a bunch of things left to do. But yesterday made me realize that none of the things on our To Do list are emergency situations. It just felt good to feel prepared. It's the same feeling I had when I flew to Houston a week before our wedding. There were still clothes to be fitted, nails to get done, faces to be facialed, but nothing was a Must-Do item. All of those things had been taken care of well in advance, so I felt like I had some space to breathe and enjoy all the visitors and soak up all the memories. I'm definitely a planner, and for me at least, it comes in handy sometimes.
About a week to go until the baby shower! I'm so looking forward to getting together with my family and friends to celebrate!! Sabiha and my mom threw Squirt a shower while we were in Houston that was so much fun, and I can't wait for more. :)
Daily Dose of Lubna: Gym tonight.
Quotable Quotes: Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives. --William Dement
The Squirt Countdown: 54 days.
POD:

Chocolate Mosque
Nothing makes you feel more prepared than meeting a bunch of unprepared people. That's exactly how I felt after our first 'Preparing for Childbirth' class last night. Now I'm not usually one to find comfort in other people's misery, but last night it did wonders for my mind. At the beginning of the class, we went around the circle, introduced ourselves, told everyone our due date, whether we were having a boy/girl/unknown, who our OB is, and how the pregnancy has been coming along. I'd say about half the crowd is in the middle of some major remodeling. Most people don't have a car seat yet. It was so comforting to know that if Squirt came today (but stay put buddy!!), we'd just need 5 bazillion diapers and we'd be pretty much ready to go. Maybe I should hit up the 'Moving Thru Pregnancy' class to give myself even more of an ego boost. :)
Now watching The Video during our first class... well, that's another story.
Don't get me wrong. There's still a bunch of things left to do. But yesterday made me realize that none of the things on our To Do list are emergency situations. It just felt good to feel prepared. It's the same feeling I had when I flew to Houston a week before our wedding. There were still clothes to be fitted, nails to get done, faces to be facialed, but nothing was a Must-Do item. All of those things had been taken care of well in advance, so I felt like I had some space to breathe and enjoy all the visitors and soak up all the memories. I'm definitely a planner, and for me at least, it comes in handy sometimes.
About a week to go until the baby shower! I'm so looking forward to getting together with my family and friends to celebrate!! Sabiha and my mom threw Squirt a shower while we were in Houston that was so much fun, and I can't wait for more. :)
Daily Dose of Lubna: Gym tonight.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home