Mood: Rested.
The Peanut Countdown: 178 days.
POD:

Fall is here!
The summer went just way too fast. In recent years, by the time the end of September is here, I'm pretty much ready for cooler weather, ie. low-70s. :) The past few years have been witness to unbearable heat, record breaking temperatures, and no relief outside the B&Ns. But this summer has been perfect. A few excrutiating days, but nothing to expedite my readiness for fall. Despite my usual grumpiness in weather below 72 degrees, I actually look somewhat forward to cooler weather. I love trading in my shorts and tanks for sweater and turtlenecks, and I love the accessorizing factor of fall. Fun scarves, hats, and jackets. Although I know that when the temperature starts to dip below 68 degrees, I'll be whining for summer again. :)
This past weekend was just wonderful. Good friends every day, tons of food (especially yesterday at our cycling team's party!), lots of laughs (my throat was so sore after watching Ali G on Friday night), and the most important thing that happened this weekend -- I mailed off the check for our India/Pakistan travel!!! What started off as an annoying interaction with the travel agent quickly turned into him putting together a really great itinerary for us. We'll be joining my friend Priya's wedding tour group for about a week (Mumbai, Udaipur, Delhi, Agra), attending her wedding in Jaipur, visiting my dad's birthplace and relatives in Ahmedabad, visiting more relatives in Lahore and Islamabad, and then back home after 3.5 weeks. I just CAN'T WAIT! Shehrzad's already picked up a couple of travel books to orient himself and I'm thinking about going on a shopping spree, just to get warmed up. Just kidding! :) Although I'm not kidding that I probably *should* warm up before doing all the shopping I plan to do. I wouldn't want to sprain anything...
Since getting married, my oddities tend to be sticking out more. Maybe because I'm paying more attention to someone else's oddities, or maybe because marriage is making me even more odd. Either way, here are the...
Top 5 OCD-like Things About Me:
1. I have to be early to everything. Not right on time, but early. I inherited it from my dad, who has to be at the airport at least 3 hours prior for a domestic flight... adding in time to park and get to the terminal - 1 hour... adding in buffer time - 1 hour. You can imagine how much we all hated traveling when we were younger... and you can only imagine how horrible it was when we were traveling international!!! I've taken this OCD to the next level by insisting on being early to *everything*.
2. I can't stand crumbs on the counters in the kitchen or water on the counters in the bathroom. I'm a very put-it-where-it-belongs kind of person, and crumbs/water just don't belong on counters. I'm constantly wiping. I'm scared to have kids.
3. I take every possible opportunity to put together a binder. A weekend trip? BINDER! A party? BINDER! A new project at work? BINDER! A 3.5 week international trip??? BINDER complete with highlighters, notepad and dividers!!! I know, I'm Office Depot's dream.
4. When getting into bed at night, I absolutely insist on checking under the covers for bugs. Granted I've never actually found one, but maybe that's because they know they wouldn't be able to hide for long!
5. Along with the bug theme, if I spot even a single mosquito in the house, my life's mission becomes Shoot To Kill. I cannot rest until that darn thing is dust. And then, Welcome the Bug Zapper. :)
Daily Dose of Lubna: To go with my planning OCD, I've already started thinking about the baby shower for Peanut. I've got a couple of really fun ideas -- BINDER TIME!!!!!!!
The Peanut Countdown: 178 days.
POD:

Fall is here!
The summer went just way too fast. In recent years, by the time the end of September is here, I'm pretty much ready for cooler weather, ie. low-70s. :) The past few years have been witness to unbearable heat, record breaking temperatures, and no relief outside the B&Ns. But this summer has been perfect. A few excrutiating days, but nothing to expedite my readiness for fall. Despite my usual grumpiness in weather below 72 degrees, I actually look somewhat forward to cooler weather. I love trading in my shorts and tanks for sweater and turtlenecks, and I love the accessorizing factor of fall. Fun scarves, hats, and jackets. Although I know that when the temperature starts to dip below 68 degrees, I'll be whining for summer again. :)
This past weekend was just wonderful. Good friends every day, tons of food (especially yesterday at our cycling team's party!), lots of laughs (my throat was so sore after watching Ali G on Friday night), and the most important thing that happened this weekend -- I mailed off the check for our India/Pakistan travel!!! What started off as an annoying interaction with the travel agent quickly turned into him putting together a really great itinerary for us. We'll be joining my friend Priya's wedding tour group for about a week (Mumbai, Udaipur, Delhi, Agra), attending her wedding in Jaipur, visiting my dad's birthplace and relatives in Ahmedabad, visiting more relatives in Lahore and Islamabad, and then back home after 3.5 weeks. I just CAN'T WAIT! Shehrzad's already picked up a couple of travel books to orient himself and I'm thinking about going on a shopping spree, just to get warmed up. Just kidding! :) Although I'm not kidding that I probably *should* warm up before doing all the shopping I plan to do. I wouldn't want to sprain anything...
Since getting married, my oddities tend to be sticking out more. Maybe because I'm paying more attention to someone else's oddities, or maybe because marriage is making me even more odd. Either way, here are the...
Top 5 OCD-like Things About Me:
1. I have to be early to everything. Not right on time, but early. I inherited it from my dad, who has to be at the airport at least 3 hours prior for a domestic flight... adding in time to park and get to the terminal - 1 hour... adding in buffer time - 1 hour. You can imagine how much we all hated traveling when we were younger... and you can only imagine how horrible it was when we were traveling international!!! I've taken this OCD to the next level by insisting on being early to *everything*.
2. I can't stand crumbs on the counters in the kitchen or water on the counters in the bathroom. I'm a very put-it-where-it-belongs kind of person, and crumbs/water just don't belong on counters. I'm constantly wiping. I'm scared to have kids.
3. I take every possible opportunity to put together a binder. A weekend trip? BINDER! A party? BINDER! A new project at work? BINDER! A 3.5 week international trip??? BINDER complete with highlighters, notepad and dividers!!! I know, I'm Office Depot's dream.
4. When getting into bed at night, I absolutely insist on checking under the covers for bugs. Granted I've never actually found one, but maybe that's because they know they wouldn't be able to hide for long!
5. Along with the bug theme, if I spot even a single mosquito in the house, my life's mission becomes Shoot To Kill. I cannot rest until that darn thing is dust. And then, Welcome the Bug Zapper. :)
Daily Dose of Lubna: To go with my planning OCD, I've already started thinking about the baby shower for Peanut. I've got a couple of really fun ideas -- BINDER TIME!!!!!!!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home