Mood: Tired.
The Peanut Countdown: 184 days.
POD:

First trip out
Yesterday's spinning class really kicked my butt! The hour went by faster than I expected, but I left completely drenched from head to toe. Except for my legs actually... so as I walked through the gym to get back to the locker room, I got more than one funny look from people who thought I had peed in my pants. :) I'm definitely putting this on my regular Monday night schedule. I was ready for bed by about 9:30pm, so I know I got a really great workout. Comparing this class to the one spinning class I did back in May or so, I've definitely improved. My legs feel stronger and I'm able to put on a lot more resistence than I did before. I don't sweat any less and I'm no less tired after each class, but I feel like I'm definitely getting more bang for the buck. Looking forward to next week.
The new season of SVU starts tonight, DUSH DUSH!
Norm and I have a site visit set up for Henry Ford on Thursday where we'll meet with the site supervisor and go over all the details for the HOBA Day painting project. I'm a little nervous since I've never done a painting project, so I have no idea what supplies we need, how much paint to ask for, steps to take in painting classrooms/bathrooms. Luckily, Norm has done some painting projects so I'm not as nervous as I could be. He laughed when I told him that my reaction to the instruction "The walls aren't in bad shape, so I think just a simple green to wash everything down would be fine" was 'yeah, green will be pretty'. Apparently you have to wash the walls before you can apply any paint. Hardy har har. And we'll have a smaller group of volunteers than I originally thought -- 20 to 25 volunteers for a 2 classroom, 2 bathroom, cleaning project. I'm ready to get messy!!
Daily Dose of Lubna: Volunteering at Bring Me a Book tonight. I need to practice my book covering skills! :)
The Peanut Countdown: 184 days.
POD:

First trip out
Yesterday's spinning class really kicked my butt! The hour went by faster than I expected, but I left completely drenched from head to toe. Except for my legs actually... so as I walked through the gym to get back to the locker room, I got more than one funny look from people who thought I had peed in my pants. :) I'm definitely putting this on my regular Monday night schedule. I was ready for bed by about 9:30pm, so I know I got a really great workout. Comparing this class to the one spinning class I did back in May or so, I've definitely improved. My legs feel stronger and I'm able to put on a lot more resistence than I did before. I don't sweat any less and I'm no less tired after each class, but I feel like I'm definitely getting more bang for the buck. Looking forward to next week.
The new season of SVU starts tonight, DUSH DUSH!
Norm and I have a site visit set up for Henry Ford on Thursday where we'll meet with the site supervisor and go over all the details for the HOBA Day painting project. I'm a little nervous since I've never done a painting project, so I have no idea what supplies we need, how much paint to ask for, steps to take in painting classrooms/bathrooms. Luckily, Norm has done some painting projects so I'm not as nervous as I could be. He laughed when I told him that my reaction to the instruction "The walls aren't in bad shape, so I think just a simple green to wash everything down would be fine" was 'yeah, green will be pretty'. Apparently you have to wash the walls before you can apply any paint. Hardy har har. And we'll have a smaller group of volunteers than I originally thought -- 20 to 25 volunteers for a 2 classroom, 2 bathroom, cleaning project. I'm ready to get messy!!
Daily Dose of Lubna: Volunteering at Bring Me a Book tonight. I need to practice my book covering skills! :)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home