Friday, October 21, 2005
Barf Bags
Mood: Happy!

The Peanut Countdown: 153 days.

POD:

Solstice

Isn't that a neat picture? I've always thought about taking a photography class and would love to learn how to create something like this. I love looking at other people's perception of the world -- maybe that's why I'm such an avid blog reader? :)

I had lunch with Sabiha today (Hobees, yum!) and it was so nice to just sit and chat with her without kids (or hubbies!). I of course love hanging out with everyone, but it's a nice change to be able to have a conversation that lasts more than 30 seconds before we're interrupted by something or the other. We had an interesting conversation about patient privacy and how we are so uncomfortable with the idea of running into our doctor's in a public place. The conversation started when I mentioned that I was thinking about changing doctors since I'm becoming more and more uncomfortable receiving my healthcare at the same place I work. It's just weird calling up for an appointment and worrying that the person I have to describe my problem to might be the same person I'm in a meeting with in a few hours! It's just a little too close for comfort. Right now all of my care is the pretty routine stuff, but what about later? It's bound to get too personal. Her mom is an OB/GYN and she was cracking me up when she was telling me about how when she was younger and out and about with her mom, patients were always coming up to her mom, talking about their "issues". Ew ew and ew. Oh yeah, ew.

Two weeks until Eid! I can't wait. I need to start going through all my boxes of clothes and figure out what I want to wear! This weekend is still on schedule for being pretty chill. Tonight is dinner, tomorrow is maybe lunch and then LTN at night (AND THE ASTROS GAME!), and then Sunday is just volunteering. Plenty of time to get caught up on sitting and sleeping and doing nothing. :)

I can't believe it's almost November... didn't the summer just start?

My biggest accomplishment: Yesterday, I ran on the treadmill for 23 minutes straight, without stopping!! When I was training for the Honolulu Marathon, the most I did was 8. I ran the marathon using an 8 minute run/2 minute walk "strategy". Yeah, it only took me like 7 hours to finish. Last night was my personal record and the cool thing is that I felt like I could keep going. I've always hated running, but I actually didn't mind it yesterday. I'm sure I'll hate it again tomorrow, so I'll enjoy it while it lasts. :) I guess bike training got me into better shape than I thought! I'll try it again tomorrow and see what happens..

Daily Dose of Lubna: FLYING to dinner tonight. :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG