Mood: Better.
The Peanut Countdown: 154 days.
POD:

Sunset
Yesterday was just an all around crappy day. I was going on barely any sleep, nothing at work seemed to go right, I didn't get a chance to go to the gym, I was cranky all day, and THEN I'm all ready to lead the project at Second Harvest, only to find that apparently the project was cancelled. I, along with 20 HOBA volunteers that were gracious enough to show up, never found out. So I show up to the SH warehouse, 20 volunteers in tow, and noone from SH is there! I felt so bad, especially for the people that made the trek all the way from SF or SJ. So we all headed home. When I got home, I was so fed up with the whole day that I decided to cook myself a nice dinner. This will sound stupid, but the spoon I was using to stir my chow mein fell on the floor and I LOST IT. I was screaming at myself and just so upset. Of course it had nothing to do with the spoon, but that was just the final straw. Luckily the food turned out great. :)
Apparently the day had hit rock bottom since the evening was just fabulous. THE ASTROS ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES BABY!!! I'm so excited! I need to find an Astros cap!! And then last night's episode of L&O was awesome, which was just icing on the Astros cake.
I'm looking forward to a really chill weekend. Tomorrow, my friends Katie and Michael are flying us up to Napa for steaks. Can you believe that? We're going to FLY to dinner! How absolutely fabulous is that??! We just can't wait! Michael has his own plane and everything and we're going to fly over SF on our way up. Yippee!
Saturday is going to be really chill. I've got our last Light the Night walk in San Jose in the evening, but the rest of the day I plan to spend R-E-L-A-X-I-N-G. And Sunday we've got some volunteering in the afternoon, but not much else. The past few weekends have been crazy busy, so I'm looking forward to some good downtime. And a whole lot of baseball. :)
Sometimes this blog seems really lame to me. Sometimes what I really want to write about I can't, for fear of offending whomever might be reading. Other times, the things that are on my mind are too personal to share online. What's the point of the blog? For the entertainment of others? I suppose so. It's definitely not what I planned when I first started this thing. This blog has just ended up being a chronicling of events and a watered down version of what I really think. It's definitely fun to find cool pictures to post and nice to keep track of all my different activities, but sometimes I wish I could just be 100% open and honest and document all the goings-on of my mind. In a way, I feel like I'm not being completely true to myself by not.
Daily Dose of Lubna: Just crossed a huge thing off my work to-do list!
The Peanut Countdown: 154 days.
POD:

Sunset
Yesterday was just an all around crappy day. I was going on barely any sleep, nothing at work seemed to go right, I didn't get a chance to go to the gym, I was cranky all day, and THEN I'm all ready to lead the project at Second Harvest, only to find that apparently the project was cancelled. I, along with 20 HOBA volunteers that were gracious enough to show up, never found out. So I show up to the SH warehouse, 20 volunteers in tow, and noone from SH is there! I felt so bad, especially for the people that made the trek all the way from SF or SJ. So we all headed home. When I got home, I was so fed up with the whole day that I decided to cook myself a nice dinner. This will sound stupid, but the spoon I was using to stir my chow mein fell on the floor and I LOST IT. I was screaming at myself and just so upset. Of course it had nothing to do with the spoon, but that was just the final straw. Luckily the food turned out great. :)
Apparently the day had hit rock bottom since the evening was just fabulous. THE ASTROS ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES BABY!!! I'm so excited! I need to find an Astros cap!! And then last night's episode of L&O was awesome, which was just icing on the Astros cake.
I'm looking forward to a really chill weekend. Tomorrow, my friends Katie and Michael are flying us up to Napa for steaks. Can you believe that? We're going to FLY to dinner! How absolutely fabulous is that??! We just can't wait! Michael has his own plane and everything and we're going to fly over SF on our way up. Yippee!
Saturday is going to be really chill. I've got our last Light the Night walk in San Jose in the evening, but the rest of the day I plan to spend R-E-L-A-X-I-N-G. And Sunday we've got some volunteering in the afternoon, but not much else. The past few weekends have been crazy busy, so I'm looking forward to some good downtime. And a whole lot of baseball. :)
Sometimes this blog seems really lame to me. Sometimes what I really want to write about I can't, for fear of offending whomever might be reading. Other times, the things that are on my mind are too personal to share online. What's the point of the blog? For the entertainment of others? I suppose so. It's definitely not what I planned when I first started this thing. This blog has just ended up being a chronicling of events and a watered down version of what I really think. It's definitely fun to find cool pictures to post and nice to keep track of all my different activities, but sometimes I wish I could just be 100% open and honest and document all the goings-on of my mind. In a way, I feel like I'm not being completely true to myself by not.
Daily Dose of Lubna: Just crossed a huge thing off my work to-do list!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home