Mood: Hungry.
The Peanut Countdown: 156 days.
POD:

Arizona smoke
I'm so sad today about the Astros. They had the game put away, but then just handed the Cardinals the win on the silver platter. They BETTER win tomorrow! Or else... or else... OR ELSE!
Today has been such a busy day at work so far. I've let so many things pile up from last week that I'm really paying the price today. I've got so much left to do!!
Last night was such a fun night in the kitchen. Well, I experimented with some new things and some came out well and others not so well. I went to Andronico's and got some pre-marinated lemon/garlic chicken, but ended up overcooking that, so it was all dry. Then I got some mushroom rice pilaf, added some extra canned mushrooms, and that turned out ok. It was a little wetter than I would have liked, but it wasn't bad. Then my speciality... I tried to recreate the garlic bread we made at the volunteer project on Sunday and it turned out great! I got some herb slab bread from Andronico's, smothered it in butter, sprinkled some garlic powder and then baked it for a little while. About 10 minutes before it was done, I covered it in cheese and it was yuuuuuuuuum! I loved how the edges were all crispy, but the middle was nice and chewy. I have half the slab left, so I'll try making it again tonight. To top it off, I also got a package of sticky finger scones and Shehrzad just loved them. Growing up, it always bugged me when my mom would force food on me. However much I ate was just never enough. All the women in my family are like that... if your plate isn't full, they're not happy. I started understanding that yesterday, after my successful scones. Shehrzad took one, took a bite, and then said that he wished he hadn't eaten so much dinner so that he could have more room for more scones. That put a huge smile on my face for the rest of the evening. I just love it when he likes what I cook! I'm so turning into an aunty... :)
Daily Dose of Lubna: Volunteering at BMAB tonight!
The Peanut Countdown: 156 days.
POD:

Arizona smoke
I'm so sad today about the Astros. They had the game put away, but then just handed the Cardinals the win on the silver platter. They BETTER win tomorrow! Or else... or else... OR ELSE!
Today has been such a busy day at work so far. I've let so many things pile up from last week that I'm really paying the price today. I've got so much left to do!!
Last night was such a fun night in the kitchen. Well, I experimented with some new things and some came out well and others not so well. I went to Andronico's and got some pre-marinated lemon/garlic chicken, but ended up overcooking that, so it was all dry. Then I got some mushroom rice pilaf, added some extra canned mushrooms, and that turned out ok. It was a little wetter than I would have liked, but it wasn't bad. Then my speciality... I tried to recreate the garlic bread we made at the volunteer project on Sunday and it turned out great! I got some herb slab bread from Andronico's, smothered it in butter, sprinkled some garlic powder and then baked it for a little while. About 10 minutes before it was done, I covered it in cheese and it was yuuuuuuuuum! I loved how the edges were all crispy, but the middle was nice and chewy. I have half the slab left, so I'll try making it again tonight. To top it off, I also got a package of sticky finger scones and Shehrzad just loved them. Growing up, it always bugged me when my mom would force food on me. However much I ate was just never enough. All the women in my family are like that... if your plate isn't full, they're not happy. I started understanding that yesterday, after my successful scones. Shehrzad took one, took a bite, and then said that he wished he hadn't eaten so much dinner so that he could have more room for more scones. That put a huge smile on my face for the rest of the evening. I just love it when he likes what I cook! I'm so turning into an aunty... :)
Daily Dose of Lubna: Volunteering at BMAB tonight!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home