Mood: Good.
The Peanut Countdown: 162 days.
POD:

Whoa
As you can tell, my current obsession is with these freakishly giant jellyfish. I think this story is already a few years old, but any obsession is better late than never. Can you imagine, floating around in the ocean, you pop your head under the water to check out the scenery, and you see THIS??! I would flip out. And then probably pee in my bathing suit. Good thing I would be in the ocean. I could always blame it on the jellyfish. But seriously, this looks like a doctored picture doesn't it? But it's not. Ew. After sharks and seaweed, my biggest fear in the water is jellyfish. Back in high school, the fam and I went to Corpus for the weekend and the first thing we did was check out this huge ship parked in the water. I remember being on board and looking over the side of the ship, and seeing, oh, right about 5 gazibilfrillmamamiatillion jellyfish in the water. Needless to say, I didn't once set foot in the ocean that weekend. My only water excursion during that trip was to the hotel swimming pool. Unfortunately, it's so much more obvious when you pee in a pool compared to the ocean. Darn.
It's only Wednesday and I'm already looking forward to the weekend. We've got a couple of dinners with friends planned and we've got some volunteering stuff going on, including HOBA Day 2005! We're all set to go with the painting project and hopefully we'll have a full house. I'm ready to get down and dirty. :) On Sunday, the fam is headed to San Jose to check out the Festival of Books going on at the Children's Discovery Museum. I've never been to the museum, but I've heard it's really great. And they're giving away free Dr.Seuss books! Apparently my bro is a huge Dr.Seuss fan and is trying to collect them all. I volunteered at Bring Me a Book last night and we actually helped label all the free Dr.Seuss books with reading tips, and um, I think he might be a little disappointed to find out that the free book will be in English AND Chinese. Hopefully they'll have English-only books to give away too. Or maybe he can get one of the Dr.Seuss books in English and Spanish and Zee can read it to him. :) Believe it or not, Zee is learning Spanish in school! The things they teach 4 year olds... he demonstrated his ability to count to 40 in Spanish this weekend, and I think he did it, but I'm not sure because I can barely understand half of what he says in English to begin with. :) And Faiz is cute as always. It was so fun seeing the two stinkers this weekend, especially since I was starting to go through withdrawal.
Daily Dose of Lubna: Volunteering tonight at Books Aloud.
The Peanut Countdown: 162 days.
POD:

Whoa
As you can tell, my current obsession is with these freakishly giant jellyfish. I think this story is already a few years old, but any obsession is better late than never. Can you imagine, floating around in the ocean, you pop your head under the water to check out the scenery, and you see THIS??! I would flip out. And then probably pee in my bathing suit. Good thing I would be in the ocean. I could always blame it on the jellyfish. But seriously, this looks like a doctored picture doesn't it? But it's not. Ew. After sharks and seaweed, my biggest fear in the water is jellyfish. Back in high school, the fam and I went to Corpus for the weekend and the first thing we did was check out this huge ship parked in the water. I remember being on board and looking over the side of the ship, and seeing, oh, right about 5 gazibilfrillmamamiatillion jellyfish in the water. Needless to say, I didn't once set foot in the ocean that weekend. My only water excursion during that trip was to the hotel swimming pool. Unfortunately, it's so much more obvious when you pee in a pool compared to the ocean. Darn.
It's only Wednesday and I'm already looking forward to the weekend. We've got a couple of dinners with friends planned and we've got some volunteering stuff going on, including HOBA Day 2005! We're all set to go with the painting project and hopefully we'll have a full house. I'm ready to get down and dirty. :) On Sunday, the fam is headed to San Jose to check out the Festival of Books going on at the Children's Discovery Museum. I've never been to the museum, but I've heard it's really great. And they're giving away free Dr.Seuss books! Apparently my bro is a huge Dr.Seuss fan and is trying to collect them all. I volunteered at Bring Me a Book last night and we actually helped label all the free Dr.Seuss books with reading tips, and um, I think he might be a little disappointed to find out that the free book will be in English AND Chinese. Hopefully they'll have English-only books to give away too. Or maybe he can get one of the Dr.Seuss books in English and Spanish and Zee can read it to him. :) Believe it or not, Zee is learning Spanish in school! The things they teach 4 year olds... he demonstrated his ability to count to 40 in Spanish this weekend, and I think he did it, but I'm not sure because I can barely understand half of what he says in English to begin with. :) And Faiz is cute as always. It was so fun seeing the two stinkers this weekend, especially since I was starting to go through withdrawal.
Daily Dose of Lubna: Volunteering tonight at Books Aloud.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home