Thursday, November 10, 2005
I Always Forget This Part
Mood: Feeling good!

The Peanut Countdown: 133 days.

POD:

Ugandans

I love the above picture. It's so alive and I love the range of expressions on the childrens' faces.

I have an appointment today with the Travel Clinic to get all of my shots for India -- eek! Shehrzad had his appointment last week and that night, he was not doing very well AT ALL. His arms hurt like a mutha and when he went to bed, he was totally shivering and shaking, even with layers of clothes on. I'm really freaked about how I'll handle the shots. I'm thinking about asking if I can space them out and not get them all on the same day. Keep your needles crossed for me. :)

I'm now going 4 days strong with the new morning workout routine and I feel great! Getting up in the morning still sucks, but by the time I get to work, I'm totally awake and don't really need my 2 hours of warmup time. :) I'm sure my boss appreciates my new routine as well, haha.

I'm really looking forward to this upcoming weekend. On Friday I have a volunteering project and then a bunch of us are going out to dinner at the Sonoma Chicken Coop in SJ. Yummers. My favorite thing there is the Dark Chocolate Fondue, but since I've given up all desserts (I've gone without for a whole week now!), I'll have to settle for a stupid apple or something for dessert. But they have really yummy food, so hopefully I won't be hungry when dessert time comes. :) I realized a few weeks back that I munch on random stuff a lot including candy and I always feel so gross afterwards. So right after Halloween, I decided to just try and eliminate sweets completely. It's been ok, but I have been feeling some withdrawal symptoms. Then on Saturday, the fam is getting together to visit with cousin who is in town. And there's something cooking for Saturday night, but I'm not completely sure of the plan yet. And then on Sunday, Shehrzad and I are volunteering at Bread of Life in East Palo Alto. Dr.J runs a tight ship there, so I was scared to friggin death at the beginning of last month's project (it was my first time), but once you get over her sergeantness, she's really incredible. You'd never know it by talking to her, but she has a PhD in something sciencey and is a researcher at a university in Finland. It's amazing the people you meet volunteering.

Next weekend we've been invited to a wedding of the son of one of my parent's old friends from our days in Miami. Growing up, I hated, hated, hated going to desi weddings. I hated the food, I hated the fake aunties, and I especially hated getting all dressed up. Now, finally, after only 20 years, I love going to desi weddings. I love the food, I love the festivities, and I especially love all the preparations in figuring out what to wear. I still hate actually being dressed up, but it's a small price to pay for the good eats and entertainment. :) My parents should be proud. The fob in me is finally coming out. Bjan, Sabiha and the gang are going too, so we can make fun of the fake aunties together. :) Should be a hungama-filled time.

Daily Dose of Lubna: Absolutely nothing planned for tonight. Can't wait for nothing! :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG