Mood: Productive!
The Peanut Countdown: 149 days.
POD:

What talent!
I feel kind of mean for putting this picture up as I'm sure half of you just about gagged. But this pic is for that other half that just said 'Wow, that's freakishly cool!'. I'm with you. :)
What a day... I've been going nonstop with work the past few days and today was no exception. I've been working my tail off to get caught up before I leave for a long weekend next weekend, and I think I'm slowly but surely getting there. Unfortunately, that means I fall asleep at 9:15pm, right after the new episode of Prison Break starts, but thank goodness for Tivo. We have a date tonight. :)
Last weekend was SO fun. We started off with dinner in Napa with our friends Katie and Michael. Yup, we made it. I was freaked out, but it was so much fun flying in the little plane. Can't wait for a repeat performance. Saturday we chilled at home, went to the gym, ran some errands, chilled at home some more and did the LTN walk in San Jose. I'm so glad this LTN stuff is over. All for a good cause, but way more work than I expected and way more than I was really interested in putting in. We had a decent turnout, so it all turned out just fine. Sunday we did some volunteering in the afternoon, but otherwise just relaxed at home. I got through another few episodes of SFU and got through a good part of my current read, so it was nice.
I need to get to the gym! I've totally been slacking these past few days... I did run for 25 minutes STRAIGHT on Saturday, so I'm all proud of myself. Next time I'm aiming for 30. Eek! When I'm at the gym, I notice there's always a very distinct sweating-barrier. There's a period of time where I have to consciously convince myself that it's ok to sweat. It's weird, I know. But once I get over that barrier, I usually have a pretty great workout. It's probably the dainty no-I-don't-sweat-I-glisten girly girl trying to break free. I need to give in to the sweat!! Ew.
I accidently walked in on a coworker in a bathroom stall yesterday. I was so traumatized. Damn those wheelchair stalls where the toilet seat is so far back in the stall that you practically have to get down on your hands and knees to see feet! And damn those barely locking doors. I felt so bad.
My boss just gave me a book to borrow called Freakonomics. It's subtitled "A Rouge Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything". So far I've read the explanatory notes and I'm hooked. I have a REALLY bad habit of starting multiple books to the point where I rarely finish any of them, so I'm going to try to hold off on this one for as long as possible until I finish my current read. I hope I can resist.
I can't believe Eid is next week! It seems to go by especially fast when you're not actually fasting. :)
Daily Dose of Lubna: Volunteering at BMAB tonight.
The Peanut Countdown: 149 days.
POD:

What talent!
I feel kind of mean for putting this picture up as I'm sure half of you just about gagged. But this pic is for that other half that just said 'Wow, that's freakishly cool!'. I'm with you. :)
What a day... I've been going nonstop with work the past few days and today was no exception. I've been working my tail off to get caught up before I leave for a long weekend next weekend, and I think I'm slowly but surely getting there. Unfortunately, that means I fall asleep at 9:15pm, right after the new episode of Prison Break starts, but thank goodness for Tivo. We have a date tonight. :)
Last weekend was SO fun. We started off with dinner in Napa with our friends Katie and Michael. Yup, we made it. I was freaked out, but it was so much fun flying in the little plane. Can't wait for a repeat performance. Saturday we chilled at home, went to the gym, ran some errands, chilled at home some more and did the LTN walk in San Jose. I'm so glad this LTN stuff is over. All for a good cause, but way more work than I expected and way more than I was really interested in putting in. We had a decent turnout, so it all turned out just fine. Sunday we did some volunteering in the afternoon, but otherwise just relaxed at home. I got through another few episodes of SFU and got through a good part of my current read, so it was nice.
I need to get to the gym! I've totally been slacking these past few days... I did run for 25 minutes STRAIGHT on Saturday, so I'm all proud of myself. Next time I'm aiming for 30. Eek! When I'm at the gym, I notice there's always a very distinct sweating-barrier. There's a period of time where I have to consciously convince myself that it's ok to sweat. It's weird, I know. But once I get over that barrier, I usually have a pretty great workout. It's probably the dainty no-I-don't-sweat-I-glisten girly girl trying to break free. I need to give in to the sweat!! Ew.
I accidently walked in on a coworker in a bathroom stall yesterday. I was so traumatized. Damn those wheelchair stalls where the toilet seat is so far back in the stall that you practically have to get down on your hands and knees to see feet! And damn those barely locking doors. I felt so bad.
My boss just gave me a book to borrow called Freakonomics. It's subtitled "A Rouge Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything". So far I've read the explanatory notes and I'm hooked. I have a REALLY bad habit of starting multiple books to the point where I rarely finish any of them, so I'm going to try to hold off on this one for as long as possible until I finish my current read. I hope I can resist.
I can't believe Eid is next week! It seems to go by especially fast when you're not actually fasting. :)
Daily Dose of Lubna: Volunteering at BMAB tonight.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home