Mood: Tired, but happy. :)
The Peanut Countdown: 136 days.
POD:

Red Square
As I usually say on Mondays, whew, what a weekend! This past weekend was especially wonderful as we were in Houston enjoying Eid celebrations with my entire family. And when I say entire, I mean ENTIRE! Shehrzad and I took the first flight out on Friday morning and reached Houston at about 1pm. From there, we headed over to the BMW dealership to pick up my dad's big surprise for my mom!! Finally, I can blog about it. :) He's been planning this surprise for the last few months and the surprise went off without a hitch. The plan was that Abbu would figure out a way to come pick us up from the airport alone and then we'd drive over to the dealership, pick up the car, and then he would drive it back while I drove the other car home. Thursday night, I talked to my mom and casually asked her, 'So, are you coming to the airport?' And she said, 'Of course I am! It's my daughter's first Eid as a married woman, of course I'll be there!' Uh oh. Luckily my dad was next to her as she said this, so he started thinking up excuses as to why she shouldn't come. It all worked out as my dad was flying solo at the airport on Friday. :) We got the car, drove home and set up the surprise in the driveway. After a few minutes of chitchat, we managed to get her outside and she was in shock! I think part of her is still in shock that she has to give up her Camry. :) What an awesome car... smooth as butta.
Friday night we had a huge family Eid party at my aunt and uncle's house. Seriously, I think every year that passes, our family population at least doubles. I felt like I spent all night saying salaam, Eid Mubarak, catching up with cousins, and there were STILL people that were there at the party that I never got to see. It was great. And in typical Gandhi/Chunawala/Bombaywala/etc. style, we stayed up late playing poker. If only I had gotten that diamond...
Saturday we had a family day hanging out, going to the TransCo tower fountain, having a little picnic, and of course, eating. :) Even came back with a cooler full of yummies.
Yesterday we chilled out at the house most of the day, ran some errands, napped (seriously, Shehrzad napped like 50% of the time there... that boy is sleep deprived, so he had a lot of catching up to do!) and just relaxed around the house. Our flight back last night was delayed an hour, so I'm extra pooped this morning.
I'm starting a new workout routine today by going to the gym first thing in the morning, showering and changing there, and then heading to work. I'm not sure today is a very good test day as I'm going on about 4 hours of sleep, so I'll let you all know how the new workout strategy is working tomorrow. :) And BTW, I did do my full 37 minutes of running without stopping last last weekend, woohoo! It's the most awesome feeling to really feel like I could keep going. But stopping is an even better feeling. :)
Daily Dose of Lubna: I bailed on my volunteering gig tonight... I'm just too tired. I've got other gigs Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday, so I think I'm more than making up for my flaking tonight.
The Peanut Countdown: 136 days.
POD:

Red Square
As I usually say on Mondays, whew, what a weekend! This past weekend was especially wonderful as we were in Houston enjoying Eid celebrations with my entire family. And when I say entire, I mean ENTIRE! Shehrzad and I took the first flight out on Friday morning and reached Houston at about 1pm. From there, we headed over to the BMW dealership to pick up my dad's big surprise for my mom!! Finally, I can blog about it. :) He's been planning this surprise for the last few months and the surprise went off without a hitch. The plan was that Abbu would figure out a way to come pick us up from the airport alone and then we'd drive over to the dealership, pick up the car, and then he would drive it back while I drove the other car home. Thursday night, I talked to my mom and casually asked her, 'So, are you coming to the airport?' And she said, 'Of course I am! It's my daughter's first Eid as a married woman, of course I'll be there!' Uh oh. Luckily my dad was next to her as she said this, so he started thinking up excuses as to why she shouldn't come. It all worked out as my dad was flying solo at the airport on Friday. :) We got the car, drove home and set up the surprise in the driveway. After a few minutes of chitchat, we managed to get her outside and she was in shock! I think part of her is still in shock that she has to give up her Camry. :) What an awesome car... smooth as butta.
Friday night we had a huge family Eid party at my aunt and uncle's house. Seriously, I think every year that passes, our family population at least doubles. I felt like I spent all night saying salaam, Eid Mubarak, catching up with cousins, and there were STILL people that were there at the party that I never got to see. It was great. And in typical Gandhi/Chunawala/Bombaywala/etc. style, we stayed up late playing poker. If only I had gotten that diamond...
Saturday we had a family day hanging out, going to the TransCo tower fountain, having a little picnic, and of course, eating. :) Even came back with a cooler full of yummies.
Yesterday we chilled out at the house most of the day, ran some errands, napped (seriously, Shehrzad napped like 50% of the time there... that boy is sleep deprived, so he had a lot of catching up to do!) and just relaxed around the house. Our flight back last night was delayed an hour, so I'm extra pooped this morning.
I'm starting a new workout routine today by going to the gym first thing in the morning, showering and changing there, and then heading to work. I'm not sure today is a very good test day as I'm going on about 4 hours of sleep, so I'll let you all know how the new workout strategy is working tomorrow. :) And BTW, I did do my full 37 minutes of running without stopping last last weekend, woohoo! It's the most awesome feeling to really feel like I could keep going. But stopping is an even better feeling. :)
Daily Dose of Lubna: I bailed on my volunteering gig tonight... I'm just too tired. I've got other gigs Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday, so I think I'm more than making up for my flaking tonight.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home