Mood: Relaxed.
The Peanut Countdown: 132 days.
POD:

Still/Real Life
Look closely at the picture above. It's actually a guy volunteering his face for the canvas. Can you see him? I thought it was a really cool idea. I wonder if his arm hurt.
Today's morning workout was the hardest to wake up for, even harder than Monday's. But somehow I pulled myself out of bed and had a really great sweat-fest. Yuck. I feel great though, so something is working!
I got my shots for India and Pakistan yesterday. All the talk before the actual shots really freaked me out. All this talk about malaria and rabies and encephalitis. Ew. I ended up getting two shots, one for adult polio and the other for HepA. Neither was very bad and I didn't experience any aftershocks like Shehrzad did. The nurse said that his reaction could have been from his tetanus shot, but mine was up-to-date, so I didn't have to get that. Whew. They also gave me an oral typhoid vaccine, an oral anti-malaria vaccine and Cipro to use as needed. I really hope there's no need, but I have my fears given my plan to gorge on street vendor food. The squirts is a small price to pay for such yumminess. Ew. :)
Even after being married for 9 months, it still sometimes hits me 'I'm married!' or "Shehrzad is my husband!'. It occurs to me at the most random moments. You'd think that by now, my brain would be used to it, but I still find myself being actively aware of it. I love the smile it puts on my face every day. I can't imagine what it will be like when we have kids. I can see myself looking at my kid, when he/she is 20 years old and thinking, "That's mine!". I wonder if that thought ever occurs to my parents...
I'm such a planner. And I get restless if I don't have anything to look forward to. I'm addicted to countdowns. I now have a Peanut Countdown, a countdown to our trip to India (40 days left!), a countdown to Shehrzad's bday (next week) and a countdown to my own bday (I'm such a loser, I know). So many things to look forward to! Oh, maybe I should add a wedding anniversary countdown. I've given Shehrzad 11 months to practice remembering it... it would be pretty pathetic if I forgot it myself!
Daily Dose of Lubna: Looking forward to a fun weekend!
The Peanut Countdown: 132 days.
POD:

Still/Real Life
Look closely at the picture above. It's actually a guy volunteering his face for the canvas. Can you see him? I thought it was a really cool idea. I wonder if his arm hurt.
Today's morning workout was the hardest to wake up for, even harder than Monday's. But somehow I pulled myself out of bed and had a really great sweat-fest. Yuck. I feel great though, so something is working!
I got my shots for India and Pakistan yesterday. All the talk before the actual shots really freaked me out. All this talk about malaria and rabies and encephalitis. Ew. I ended up getting two shots, one for adult polio and the other for HepA. Neither was very bad and I didn't experience any aftershocks like Shehrzad did. The nurse said that his reaction could have been from his tetanus shot, but mine was up-to-date, so I didn't have to get that. Whew. They also gave me an oral typhoid vaccine, an oral anti-malaria vaccine and Cipro to use as needed. I really hope there's no need, but I have my fears given my plan to gorge on street vendor food. The squirts is a small price to pay for such yumminess. Ew. :)
Even after being married for 9 months, it still sometimes hits me 'I'm married!' or "Shehrzad is my husband!'. It occurs to me at the most random moments. You'd think that by now, my brain would be used to it, but I still find myself being actively aware of it. I love the smile it puts on my face every day. I can't imagine what it will be like when we have kids. I can see myself looking at my kid, when he/she is 20 years old and thinking, "That's mine!". I wonder if that thought ever occurs to my parents...
I'm such a planner. And I get restless if I don't have anything to look forward to. I'm addicted to countdowns. I now have a Peanut Countdown, a countdown to our trip to India (40 days left!), a countdown to Shehrzad's bday (next week) and a countdown to my own bday (I'm such a loser, I know). So many things to look forward to! Oh, maybe I should add a wedding anniversary countdown. I've given Shehrzad 11 months to practice remembering it... it would be pretty pathetic if I forgot it myself!
Daily Dose of Lubna: Looking forward to a fun weekend!
1 Comments:
Glad your shots went okay - your poor husband. I remember doing those before we went to China...the typhoid was the one shot that really hurt bad, how nice that they gave you an oral one! I'm so excited to hear about your travels, and hope you don't need the Cipro, knock on wood. (we got that too before we went).
BTW, I'm going to read A Million Little Pieces, if the list at the library ever gets to me! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home