Mood: Good.
The Peanut Countdown: 128 days.
POD:

Calcutta
Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not one much for religion. I've never gained strength from anything religious and just don't see that changing in the future. Interestingly enough, I find some of the most awe inspiring photographs are those of huge masses of people praying or congregating for religious purposes. It always takes my breath away. When we traveled to Saudi Arabia and Mecca in 1995, I was always amazed at how many people amassed for prayers 5 times a day. The entire city would just come to a complete stand-still for 20 minutes while the entire population prayed. Taxis would just park in the middle of the road, people would leave their food half eaten and everyone would gather for prayer. And seeing so many people in the same place, doing the same thing... wow. I can still see it in my head. Everyone would flow into the area around the Kaaba... it must have been tens of thousands of people at the same time. I think the organization of it all really impresses me. In the middle of the chaos of the day, people running every which way, everything just stopped and everyone was completely synchronized for a moment. It's quite a sight.
I bailed on waking up early yesterday to hit the gym, but I'm back on track today. I popped out of bed at 6am and was sweating up a storm by 7am. I feel great and very awake, despite the weak coffee someone made in the kitchen at work today. Gross. My dad always tells me how he wakes up at 4:30am so that he can get to work between 6-6:30am. The reason for this insanity? So that he can make the coffee, the right way. His way. I don't think my solution for the coffee problem here at work will involve anything from the 4-6am hours, but he's got the right idea. The stuff here is nasty.
Things are definitely shaping up for Shehrzad's bday! I went shopping yesterday, have a little more to get today and then I think we're all set. He's requested "tasty fish" for his bday dinner at home, so if any of you out there have any good (ie., simple) recipes, please share. His tastes and my cooking skills are the same... simple. Keyword: simple. :)
Daily Dose of Lubna: Volunteering at a new place today helping ESL adult students practice their English.
The Peanut Countdown: 128 days.
POD:

Calcutta
Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not one much for religion. I've never gained strength from anything religious and just don't see that changing in the future. Interestingly enough, I find some of the most awe inspiring photographs are those of huge masses of people praying or congregating for religious purposes. It always takes my breath away. When we traveled to Saudi Arabia and Mecca in 1995, I was always amazed at how many people amassed for prayers 5 times a day. The entire city would just come to a complete stand-still for 20 minutes while the entire population prayed. Taxis would just park in the middle of the road, people would leave their food half eaten and everyone would gather for prayer. And seeing so many people in the same place, doing the same thing... wow. I can still see it in my head. Everyone would flow into the area around the Kaaba... it must have been tens of thousands of people at the same time. I think the organization of it all really impresses me. In the middle of the chaos of the day, people running every which way, everything just stopped and everyone was completely synchronized for a moment. It's quite a sight.
I bailed on waking up early yesterday to hit the gym, but I'm back on track today. I popped out of bed at 6am and was sweating up a storm by 7am. I feel great and very awake, despite the weak coffee someone made in the kitchen at work today. Gross. My dad always tells me how he wakes up at 4:30am so that he can get to work between 6-6:30am. The reason for this insanity? So that he can make the coffee, the right way. His way. I don't think my solution for the coffee problem here at work will involve anything from the 4-6am hours, but he's got the right idea. The stuff here is nasty.
Things are definitely shaping up for Shehrzad's bday! I went shopping yesterday, have a little more to get today and then I think we're all set. He's requested "tasty fish" for his bday dinner at home, so if any of you out there have any good (ie., simple) recipes, please share. His tastes and my cooking skills are the same... simple. Keyword: simple. :)
Daily Dose of Lubna: Volunteering at a new place today helping ESL adult students practice their English.
1 Comments:
This is my favorite fish recipe - it has more than 5 ingredients, but I always leave out the ginger and vegetable oil and use filets...much simpler see? :)
Happy birthday to your Shehrzad!
Post a Comment
<< Home