Mood: Happy!
The Peanut Countdown: 125 days.
POD:

Mmmm, fish.
This picture posting business has been such a pain today. But I think everything is under control now.
Birthday Dinner Report: The meal was a success! I made halibut with balsamic glaze, rice pilaf with feta, spinach salad with olive oil/mustard/garlic dressing, vegetable soup, and dark chocolate chip scones for dessert. We also had HaagenDaaz ice cream cake... I broke my no-sugar rule for one evening and indulged. It was so yummy and Shehrzad loved it all. The best compliment was him taking the leftovers for lunch today. :) Every now and then, I really enjoy being all wifey.
And he really liked all of his presents, especially his new 4GB USB memory stick (nerd alert!). He now thinks that I should request a USB memory something or the other for my own bday. I asked him "Is it shiny and sparkly?" His reponse: "You can get a custom Gilmore Girls design on it." In other words, no. My next question: "Does it come from Tiffany's?" His answer: "I can arrange that." I'm really scared I'm going to get a USB Gilmore Girls-themed doohickey (yes, I had to look up the correct spelling) in a pale blue box with a white ribbon for my bday. Please pray for me.
Last night, I finally finished A Million Little Pieces. A couple of my blog readers are going to be reading it soon, so I won't ruin it. But the ending is just incredible. I can't wait to read his next book, a continuation of where this one left off. Every now and then, I meet someone so weird and crazy in an interesting way that I wish that person's brain had subtitles. I want to be a fly on the inside of that brain just listening to all the different thoughts spinning around at rapid speed. Just to get an inside glimpse of the interesting weirdness. This book is written just like that. It's 400+ pages of raw thoughts. You never feel like the words have been edited for content or to fit the screen.
This weekend is going to be pretty insane. Tonight we're going to a mehndi in Fremont. Tomorrow we're getting together with some of Shehrzad's friends for dinner up in SF. And Sunday, we're going to a BBQ and then a wedding in the evening. And I've been really bad with the gym this week so I have to fit in a couple of visits.
Daily Dose of Lubna: What's next on my reading list?... I think I'll reread Twentieth Wife, in preparation for our trip!
The Peanut Countdown: 125 days.
POD:

Mmmm, fish.
This picture posting business has been such a pain today. But I think everything is under control now.
Birthday Dinner Report: The meal was a success! I made halibut with balsamic glaze, rice pilaf with feta, spinach salad with olive oil/mustard/garlic dressing, vegetable soup, and dark chocolate chip scones for dessert. We also had HaagenDaaz ice cream cake... I broke my no-sugar rule for one evening and indulged. It was so yummy and Shehrzad loved it all. The best compliment was him taking the leftovers for lunch today. :) Every now and then, I really enjoy being all wifey.
And he really liked all of his presents, especially his new 4GB USB memory stick (nerd alert!). He now thinks that I should request a USB memory something or the other for my own bday. I asked him "Is it shiny and sparkly?" His reponse: "You can get a custom Gilmore Girls design on it." In other words, no. My next question: "Does it come from Tiffany's?" His answer: "I can arrange that." I'm really scared I'm going to get a USB Gilmore Girls-themed doohickey (yes, I had to look up the correct spelling) in a pale blue box with a white ribbon for my bday. Please pray for me.
Last night, I finally finished A Million Little Pieces. A couple of my blog readers are going to be reading it soon, so I won't ruin it. But the ending is just incredible. I can't wait to read his next book, a continuation of where this one left off. Every now and then, I meet someone so weird and crazy in an interesting way that I wish that person's brain had subtitles. I want to be a fly on the inside of that brain just listening to all the different thoughts spinning around at rapid speed. Just to get an inside glimpse of the interesting weirdness. This book is written just like that. It's 400+ pages of raw thoughts. You never feel like the words have been edited for content or to fit the screen.
This weekend is going to be pretty insane. Tonight we're going to a mehndi in Fremont. Tomorrow we're getting together with some of Shehrzad's friends for dinner up in SF. And Sunday, we're going to a BBQ and then a wedding in the evening. And I've been really bad with the gym this week so I have to fit in a couple of visits.
Daily Dose of Lubna: What's next on my reading list?... I think I'll reread Twentieth Wife, in preparation for our trip!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home