Friday, October 20, 2006
Studs
Mood: Soooooo tired.

Quotable Quotes: [It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system. --Dan Quayle

The Squirt Countdown: 39 days.

POD:

Sweet relief

This week has been an extremely tiring one. I'm back to feeling like I could fall asleep on a rock, anywhere, anytime. I really need to start going to bed earlier! Last weekend was my baby shower -- so fun!! A bunch of my friends were there, we played a lot of fun games, ate a TON of good food, and Squirt (yet again) got spoiled with so many cute presents. This kid is seriously going to grow up thinking he is a frog. :) I love it!

My dreams have taken an interesting turn this week. I was wondering how long it was going to take, but I'm finally having dreams about labor. Specifically, contractions. I woke up last night moaning and really feeling like I was having a contraction! I even remember breathing like we learned in class earlier this week. Hee-hee-hee-hoooooo. Hee-hee-hee-hoooooo. That's 3 hees and 1 ho. :) I know, I'm hilarious.

My nesting instinct has seriously kicked in. I read in a book somewhere that humans nest just like other animals do. Dogs, right before they give birth, can get very agitated and start shredding up newspaper to make a comfy next to give birth in. Luckily I'm not shredding anything up, but my organization and gotta-fix-this-right-now attitude has gotten a little out of hand. A few nights ago, I was up until about 11pm fixing a shelf in our bedroom. (And for the record, no Amma, I wasn't lifting anything heavy!) Somehow one of the shelves is missing a stud to rest on, so I found a leftover wooden stud in Shehrzad's toolbox, used a potato peeler to shave it down to the right size, used a knife to cut it in half (in the process ruining the knife, but whatever, it's Squirt's fault!), and in a matter of 30 minutes, renamed myself Ms-gyver. According to this book, fixing this shelf indicates Squirt is getting ready to make his appearance. Or I'm a little insane, which seems much more likely.

Daily Dose of Lubna: Only 3 weeks to go before I start maternity leave! I've been working really hard to cross off all the things on my To Do list, and have been working even harder to make sure nothing gets added.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG