Tuesday, November 29, 2005
Being Regular Is Good
Mood: Quiet and hungry.

The Peanut Countdown: 114 days.

POD:

Did I remember to put on deodorant today?

What a yucky day outside. Perfect curl-up-on-the-beanbag-and-watch-cheesy-Lifetime-movies kind of weather. With a Sudoku break every now and then, of course. Yes, I'm still an addict.

I still can't believe I have to wait all the way until March to see another Prison Break. Last night's episode was soooo good, except for the part where Michael cuts the pill out of his arm. I can usually handle stuff like that, but I had to watch that through my fingers. I'm half excited/half mad that they left it with such a cliffhanger, aaaargh!

Work is so frustrating today. I've been working on this one thing for the past week or so and basically have to redo it all. Just annoying. And my work email has been out of whack for the past 3 weeks so I feel kind of out of touch with everything. I can't remember the days before email...

Shehrzad and I were talking last night about how quickly technology is changing the world. I have a theory that 20 years from now, stores just won't exist anymore because all business will be done online. Or there will just be "demo stores" where you go to check out the item in person, but then you purchase the item online. He was even shocked that I actually went to *buy* a CD this past weekend! And genuinely laughed when I claimed that one day it will be considered a collector's item. :)

My volunteering life has been going really well for the past few weeks. I slightly overdosed on projects about a month ago, so I've scaled back a bit to make sure that I keep enjoying what I'm doing. I've decided to become a regular volunteer at a handful of different places that I really enjoy as opposed to trying to do a little of everything. I definitely like building the connections with the other regular volunteers and just like the idea of becoming someone the agencies can consistently count on for time. In a few weeks, we're starting back up with some TNT volunteering and I'm really looking forward to seeing some of my teammates again.

Daily Dose of Lubna: Getting my eyebrows whacked AND my hair done this week!


1 Comments:

Blogger BLoNotJLo said...

Very cute picture! Good laugh for a Tuesday after Tday!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG